Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those of us with our own garden can be thankful for out tomatoes and other stuff. With heat and droughts and water limits, well less veggies will get to processors. Next year's on shelf canned goods will be costlier. If you think this year's garden was needed, just wait!! 2023 will be critical. Have your seeds on hand. 👍

Im pulling up the old raised beds I used for gardening years ago now. I think the 2x12s in them have enough life for me to attach some cattle panels. I have most of a roll of greenhouse plastic left. I'll put them in the driest spots and cover them next spring so I can get veggies going at a good time.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking along those lines. I have enough materials for a small hoop greenhouse to cobble together. It will let me get plants started earlier....have seed and just ordered a couple Xtra packets this morning, in case on hand didn't germ well, some are old. I'm good on canning supplies, flours, yeast, etc.

Left auction early. Nothing I needed to bring home. So delivered milk to my buyer there and left. Couple things I'd love to have stayed to see what they brought but my time was more important today. 👍

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Motivation....zero.

Coffee good, so I got that going for me this morning. 😀

Same here! And I'm embracing it.😁. Need to mow yard -- rain tonight and tomorrow, heavy work schedule all week -- so I need to get it done! Still wet from dew, gives me a couple hrs to convince self. 😂🤣. That and chores may be my limit for today. I'm so uninspired today. Can't believe it.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Heavy heavy rain followed the thunder, a good 45 minutes.

Found a little motivation. Last of the jalapeños are finally in the dehydrator, along with all of the currently picked cherry tomatoes.

All of the sweet peppers are cut up ready for stuffed pepper soup. Once the wife gets moving, will try to get through these last tomatoes for the soup.

Finished up one bag of onions, still have 1.5 bags left (about 7 total onions). Plenty of garlic left, may mince and can that.

Am finally able to start seeing the kitchen floor.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
How do YOU can garlic? Mine usually stays long enough that the wild stuff is ready to pick before it goes bad.
I chop it in the food processor first
20220821_120614.jpg

Latest posts