Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another front moving thru and has given us a 62 for wakeup temp. πŸ‘. Mid 80s later. Mainly, lower humidity will be nice. But, only so much enjoyment from it today. Working inside at stores....tomorrow also....then 12 days at homeπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŽ‰. Counting day by day!!!!!

Tractor still down😒 and a priority for fixing while home. Haven't had time until now to address the repairs. Hope it's fast -- hope a reasonable $$. I must be dreaming but, right now I'm willing to bite the bullet to have it fixed. I NEED IT!! So frustrating. And some fencing will be bought. Hay storage area prepped and hopefully filled. πŸ€” Important winter prep. I'll be busy spending $$ it seems. 🀭. Scary.

Ahhh....buck says rut is starting and I better get ready for THAT, too. πŸ™„πŸ˜

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses 12 days at home, yippee!!!!!

Nice morning-dewy and in the upper 50s, fall is just around the corner. First day of school yesterday and my youngest crashed hard, slept through the whole night and I am just about to go and wake her at 7 am! That is a first for the summer-sleeping in what a concept.

Winter prep projects this weekend--cut and chop wood, clean out wood shed and stack new, get some gas for the barrel and generator, tune up on the snowblower, move the boat to the back and the snowmobile to the front of the barn, find all the wood and plastic for the chicken run (will wrap in Oct but gotta find it).

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I CALLED IT!!!! LOL
Yes you did πŸ˜‚ an easy call though because there is no shortage of snakes around here.

This is a picture from this summer, snake skin shed on our deck 5/4 x 6 deck boards for reference. My daughter in law found it by the corner of the barn and snapped this picture.
1661830712805~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yes you did πŸ˜‚ an easy call though because there is no shortage of snakes around here.

This is a picture from this summer, snake skin shed on our deck 5/4 x 6 deck boards for reference. My daughter in law found it by the corner of the barn and snapped this picture.
View attachment 20127

Wow. I remember as a kid at my grandparents farms seeing a black snake stretched almost completely across the road. Easily 9-10 ft long.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow. I remember as a kid at my grandparents farms seeing a black snake stretched almost completely across the road. Easily 9-10 ft long.
Yep they can get big. I looked at the skin shed. Again I'm no snake expert but I was pretty sure it was a garter snake. The skin was pretty fresh and I could still see the stripes.

Internet picture of garter snake that's common around here. Pretty much harmless.
Screenshot_20220901-110629~2.png

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another front moving thru and has given us a 62 for wakeup temp. πŸ‘. Mid 80s later. Mainly, lower humidity will be nice. But, only so much enjoyment from it today. Working inside at stores....tomorrow also....then 12 days at homeπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŽ‰. Counting day by day!!!!!

Tractor still down😒 and a priority for fixing while home. Haven't had time until now to address the repairs. Hope it's fast -- hope a reasonable $$. I must be dreaming but, right now I'm willing to bite the bullet to have it fixed. I NEED IT!! So frustrating. And some fencing will be bought. Hay storage area prepped and hopefully filled. πŸ€” Important winter prep. I'll be busy spending $$ it seems. 🀭. Scary.

Ahhh....buck says rut is starting and I better get ready for THAT, too. πŸ™„πŸ˜

Tractor still down πŸ˜” it's an important part of a farm. I'm looking for a frontend loader attachment for mine. I believe I can make any work, as long as the width is right.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm sorry about your pup. My cattle dog #4, Titan, bought from a BYB, passed September '21. His body was fine but his mind went. 15.5 years old.

Cattle dog #5, Bandito, is now 12 and will not last as long a Titan did. I miss all my dogs and cats that have gone over the Rainbow Bridge. Sometimes I see them out the side of my eye....

Latest posts