Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed summer has come and gone quicker than normal. @Country homesteader I heard this winter is going to be brutal. Going to start winter prepping the barn and coop in Sept this year. Thankful we have 90% of our wood cut and stacked already.

Found out my dog has bone cancer in her hip yesterday, vet gave us one month of pain pills with a 2 month estimated time left. I am so sad, my heart broke a bit yesterday. She is 9 and was my Mother's Day gift when she was 6 weeks old.

I'm so sorry about your dog

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Found out my dog has bone cancer in her hip yesterday, vet gave us one month of pain pills with a 2 month estimated time left. I am so sad, my heart broke a bit yesterday. She is 9 and was my Mother's Day gift when she was 6 weeks old.
So sorry to hear that. Thoughts of comfort go out to you during this time. Love up on her as ofter as she will let you

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed summer has come and gone quicker than normal. @Country homesteader I heard this winter is going to be brutal. Going to start winter prepping the barn and coop in Sept this year. Thankful we have 90% of our wood cut and stacked already.

Pets have a way of getting into your heart. Sorry to hear this.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tapped Out, after a long day of granddaughter's lovin' 😂
IMG_20220830_231516375.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Jack the mouser snaker just got his first snake 👏. He's living up to his name 👍
IMG_20220831_210040848.jpg

IMG_20220831_210056726.jpg

I'm no snake expert, but I'm pretty sure It was a juvenile king snake (good snake). That was looking for a place to hibernate. Ofcourse our cement patio right next to the house foundation is the ideal spot. Snake like to hibernate in rocks. I do know for sure it wasn't a viper. So I put it on my snake/snow shovel and threw it in the ditch across the road, to live another day and find somewhere else to hibernate.
IMG_20220831_210136111.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal I am so sorry about your dog. It hurts so bad to lose our beloved pets. They come with an expiration date, far too soon for us to have to let them go. Big hugs for you, family and dog.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Day 4 at the farm. Im going to go sand the taped and floated seams in the hall bathroom, then paint walls with Kilz. I can't safely reach the seams around the bathtub and a ladder didn't feel safe. I'll get someone else to do that. My goal right now is to shoot for a working toilet by the weekend. I Kilz this morning, I can texture this evening and paint maybe Friday evening. If all I get done is the wall behind the toilet, that's ok, the new toilet can be set and I can finish the rest of the bathroom later.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Jack the mouser snaker just got his first snake 👏. He's living up to his name 👍
View attachment 20124
View attachment 20125
I'm no snake expert, but I'm pretty sure It was a juvenile king snake (good snake). That was looking for a place to hibernate. Ofcourse our cement patio right next to the house foundation is the ideal spot. Snake like to hibernate in rocks. I do know for sure it wasn't a viper. So I put it on my snake/snow shovel and threw it in the ditch across the road, to live another day and find somewhere else to hibernate.
View attachment 20126

I CALLED IT!!!! LOL