Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We had a Commodore 64 from my aunt. My youngest brother learned to read on it. We all learn some BASIC. My parents had saved up for a 64c when they came out because my aunt insisted that it was important for kids in the 80s to know how to use a computer. Mom used it for spreadsheets. So we had a disc drive, printer, joysticks, and the quick load cartridge that hooked into the back so Bards Tale only took half an hour instead of an hour to load. Youngest brother has it now and restored it. The games load off the floppy disks just fine still. Dry desert air for preservation.

My grade school got Commodores in the library when I was in 4th grade I think. So math and word games with the rare Oregon Trail.

Typing was a required class in 9th grade and one of the most useful I think. Took a while to learn to not double space after periods when using a computer later on. Hubby has always been a bit jealous of my typing skill even though I offered to help him and even pointed out programs we could get to teach him. I'm not a super fast typer. Last type we tested me I was only around 62 wpm. Only kept up at that speed because I played online MMOs for 20 years and typing is talking.
I miss my C64. Had several friends gift me all their games when they upgraded to IBM PC. Somewhere near 100 in total.

Sold everything related at a garage sale to a woman with a couple small kids for $1. She wouldn't take "free". Major clutter gone at the time.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tapped Out, after a long day of granddaughter's lovin' 😂
IMG_20220830_231516375.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Jack the mouser snaker just got his first snake 👏. He's living up to his name 👍
IMG_20220831_210040848.jpg

IMG_20220831_210056726.jpg

I'm no snake expert, but I'm pretty sure It was a juvenile king snake (good snake). That was looking for a place to hibernate. Ofcourse our cement patio right next to the house foundation is the ideal spot. Snake like to hibernate in rocks. I do know for sure it wasn't a viper. So I put it on my snake/snow shovel and threw it in the ditch across the road, to live another day and find somewhere else to hibernate.
IMG_20220831_210136111.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Jack the mouser snaker just got his first snake 👏. He's living up to his name 👍
View attachment 20124
View attachment 20125
I'm no snake expert, but I'm pretty sure It was a juvenile king snake (good snake). That was looking for a place to hibernate. Ofcourse our cement patio right next to the house foundation is the ideal spot. Snake like to hibernate in rocks. I do know for sure it wasn't a viper. So I put it on my snake/snow shovel and threw it in the ditch across the road, to live another day and find somewhere else to hibernate.
View attachment 20126

I CALLED IT!!!! LOL

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses 12 days at home, yippee!!!!!

Nice morning-dewy and in the upper 50s, fall is just around the corner. First day of school yesterday and my youngest crashed hard, slept through the whole night and I am just about to go and wake her at 7 am! That is a first for the summer-sleeping in what a concept.

Winter prep projects this weekend--cut and chop wood, clean out wood shed and stack new, get some gas for the barrel and generator, tune up on the snowblower, move the boat to the back and the snowmobile to the front of the barn, find all the wood and plastic for the chicken run (will wrap in Oct but gotta find it).

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I CALLED IT!!!! LOL
Yes you did 😂 an easy call though because there is no shortage of snakes around here.

This is a picture from this summer, snake skin shed on our deck 5/4 x 6 deck boards for reference. My daughter in law found it by the corner of the barn and snapped this picture.
1661830712805~2.jpg