Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Part of the reasons for all the canning is the wife's sensitivity to commercial food additives. Commercial salsa has junk in it, restaurant salsa usually had cilantro which also bothers her system. I had leftover salsa (not enough for a single jar) that went into the refrigerator last night. I found the empty cleaned container on the kitchen counter this morning...... things that make you go hmmmmmm. ๐Ÿ˜€

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Part of the reasons for all the canning is the wife's sensitivity to commercial food additives. Commercial salsa has junk in it, restaurant salsa usually had cilantro which also bothers her system. I had leftover salsa (not enough for a single jar) that went into the refrigerator last night. I found the empty cleaned container on the kitchen counter this morning...... things that make you go hmmmmmm. ๐Ÿ˜€
Must have been the cat......:lol:

One of the reasons we can too, I can't do a lot of sugars and fats and extras-especially now that I had my gallbladder out. As pure as possible is best for me. Do I cheat, yep! but then I pay

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sitting here, sipping coffee, trying to determine what is enough for canning.

I can actually start to see the garage floor now the jars are almost used up.

Sigh, tomatoes to process

Buying more jars? We ordered shelves last night because we are running out of room for full jars. This is a GOOD thing ๐Ÿ‘

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
4 things I would like to get done today, besides for everyday chores.

1) Take tractor, spear 14 hay rounds and stack along a fence row.
2) Till up 100 x 4 row for asparagus that got away from me
3) Weed some of the garden and spray for bugs
4) Transplant brussels and cabbages this evening.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Buying more jars? We ordered shelves last night because we are running out of room for full jars. This is a GOOD thing ๐Ÿ‘

No, no more jars. Just pints and quarts left. The wife is liking the wide mouth half pint for her salsa. Need to keep her from the stores

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Little granddaughters love purple. I donโ€™t. But Iโ€™m Mamaw and Mamaw does crazy things.

1CCB390B-B82C-4835-A1CA-CB3ABCC6FA0A.jpeg

๐Ÿ˜‚ Yep Grandma's do some wild stuff for granddaughters.. I just keep my mouth shut, I stay out of trouble that way ๐Ÿ˜….
IMG_20220814_142130263.jpg

Glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Psst... You can get the at Amazon. All I did in this room was hang the ceiling fan.
IMG_20220814_142145969.jpg

This will be the color of my room.
IMG_20220814_143723780.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
4 things I would like to get done today, besides for everyday chores.

1) Take tractor, spear 14 hay rounds and stack along a fence row.
2) Till up 100 x 4 row for asparagus that got away from me
3) Weed some of the garden and spray for bugs
4) Transplant brussels and cabbages this evening.

1) โœ“
2) Didn't get to it. Son who lives up by Saint Louis stopped in for a grocery bag of veggies and a case of canned veggies. Other son and daughter in law stopped in also. So I gave granddaughter's rides on the tractor. While they picked the garden ๐Ÿ‘
3) โœ“
4) โœ“

I need a shower bigly badly (both). Sweat and stinky garden soil ๐Ÿ˜ต

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Made headway on the kitchen tonight, I think the end is in sight. One good push through this weekend should do everything but the soups.

There are a series of natural parks across SE Ohio collectively called the "Arc of Appalachia". Hocking Hills State Park, which I have visited multiple times is on the eastern side. In two weekends, I am thinking of going to one of the parks just south of Columbus with my eldest. My wife has no stamina, and my Son in law is travel phobic. She loves taking photos like me...good daddy daughter time

Last edited: