Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dl,

Totally foggy day here, we couldn't see acrossed the road since it was soooo thick!

Just checked the NWS site and we're under a Lake Wind Advisory while the counties to our south and east are under a tornado watch! :hide

Just saw a flash of lightning off to the west so I'm outta here for now but will be back after this blows through.

Stay safe! :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope it blows thru quickly. Stay safe!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Storm has passed for us and all is well here! We had a few rumbles, some lightning and a bit of rain and that was it! Whew! :cool:

I got a bit nervous when I watched the temperature on the Accurite start to climb as we only had a high of 46 today and I watched it climb to 56 just before I saw the first lightning flash. Can't believe it's still 53 here at 10 p.m..

We canned 9 pints of the pumpkin pickles out of curiosity and only did 9 pints...just in case we didn't like them. Mom said she loves being able to experiment with stuff like this because she knows that if none of us like it, she can pawn it off on me and I can feed it to the chickens. :gig

She did some cantaloupe pickles last year and was able to get people who don't like the melon love the pickles. Go figure, right? :lol:

I'll bring you a jar of them on our next HS trip for you to try.

BeccaJoVon

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Dawn and Dragon -

I'm in Miller County. Our lights flashed a couple of times during the hard wind and rain, but nothing significant.

Dawn - Isn't is strange how we aren't that far from each other, yet it's 63* at my house at 11:00 p.m. Arkansas weather! I'm glad all is well at your homestead!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
We had some impressive thunder, and lots of wind. I wasn't feeling good either, so the wind kept waking me up.
Those pumpkin pickles sound cool. :) I'll be happy to see you again.

Hi Becca - Glad you're okay up there.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Becca!

Doc read your post to me last night and we realized we weren't sure where Miller County was. Looked it up and lo and behold...there's an Evening Shade in both Hempstead and Scott counties. We're the one up in the north central part of the state. ;)

Just sicced doc on the place that I ordered by camera battery from (back in December). He was told that they sent me an e-mail saying that it was out of stock. Never got "said" e-mail AT ALL! And if they had sent that e-mail, then why did the guy I was dealing with send me two battery chargers??? :barnie

Need to get outside and get some stuff done!

BeccaJoVon

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Hi Becca!

Doc read your post to me last night and we realized we weren't sure where Miller County was. Looked it up and lo and behold...there's an Evening Shade in both Hempstead and Scott counties. We're the one up in the north central part of the state. ;)
Well now that is just too crazy! Leave it to Arkansas to have Three! One near Batesville, one near Mena, and one near Hope.

Oh well, I was going to invite you to come get some chicken litter, but I guess that would be a little too far to drive.

dragonlaurel: That would mean I'm closer to you than I am to Dawn...unless there are more Hot Springs, ARs....

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
There's also a Hot springs in Colorado, but I think there's just one in Arkansas.
And at least one in New Mexico and one in South Dakota!