baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bet I have one that looks worse than yours. I built Paris a dog cave a couple years ago from scrap OSB board. It took two full sheets on top, half sheets on the sides, quarter sheets on the sides and she loved it. She came in heat and went nuts. She was getting out, so we had to chain her. That really pissed her off and she tore off the sides. We put up a hot wire and took her off the chain. She got into the wire and got even madder. She destroyed her dog cave.

Rain came. The lambs played on it. More rain came. It collapsed some more. She came into heat and chewed it some more. She chewed the support 2x4's. It fell down. It is pretty much flat on the ground and she has dug holes under it. She still loves it.

It looks terrible, but she is happy under it. She has a dog house for when it rains since her dog cave fills with water now. I'd build her another one, but I really want to transition her OUT of the backyard.

And you think YOURS looks bad? Hah! Post a picture! I dare you! Then I'll post a picture of my pile of rubble dog cave. And we'll both go to jail for animal cruelty. :lol:

Hint; there is a corner of it in the snake killing picture.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: You win, Bay...I know what OSB does in the outdoors! :gig I'll try to get a pic of this poor thing and we'll compare monstrosities. Ben hasn't used it yet and can't even be coaxed to get on top of it, though Jake will jump right up there. Ben may be afraid of heights too, who knows? :rolleyes:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Here goes....now, stop laughing!!!! :p

101_0713.JPG
101_0712.JPG

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO!!!!! You were ashamed of that? It looks good! Fantastic and awesome!! My husband and I are laughing, I'll get a pic of the pancake dog cave in the morning and post it for your viewing pleasure!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pancake crapped out dog cave:

Paris is under her dog cave. Look closely!

IMG_1807.JPG

Peek-a-Boo!

IMG_1806.JPG

It's not ALL bad, hey, parts are still standing. See the piece she tore off the end?

IMG_1808.JPG

I should be ashamed....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol:

You win!!! But, I bet it looked nice when it was new? :D I LOVE it that she still uses it. Ben won't even give mine a second's glance yet. :rolleyes: