baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I told you mine was worse than yours! And yes, it was nice until she chewed it to pieces.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We are having a thunderstorm and Ben is wearing his thundershirt for the first time. At first he started to pace like he always does, with his mouth drawn back and that panic look on his face but it got slower, then slower.

Then he just walked slowly through the yard, looking towards the house occasionally...for some reason, he wants to be with me when this all happens, so he usually barks at the house and such in between pacing.

Instead of staying out in the rain, running back and forth in a panic, he is now up under shelter like a normal dog would be. And he's lying down!
happy-dancing.gif

The shirt barely fit him, though it was the largest size they had...he looks like he's wearing his little brother's shirt.
LOL_.gif

Will continue to give progress reports on the thundershirt as we go along.
thumbs+up.gif

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats & hope the thunder shirt keeps helping.

I'll bet your dog eventually accepts the lounge shed you built him. It's great, really.

Now, that pile Bay has left -- I think Paris still gets under there to annoy you! Not a status symbol :lol: Heck, even your hogs didn't to that kind of damage!! You really PO'd her! :ep

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Right now we are having a thunderstorm, thunder rolling, wind blowing and off and on torrential rains....and Ben is lying up there on his side, sleeping through it, right along side Jake. Mom said she was out there earlier and heard several gunshots...could have been fireworks...but said Ben just lay there and slept through them.

happy-dancing.gif
CHEER.gif
cheerleader.gif
happy.gif
running-around-smiley-emoticon_.gif
And NOT wearing his thundershirt!!!!!

I praise God for all of that, as I had prayed for Ben and his fear, on how to keep him contained here and safe, etc. I think God is answering prayer right now. It was the Holy Spirit Who had put the idea of the thundershirt in my mind in the first place, so all glory to God as Ben gets over his fears.
prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon.gif

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Just got to see why I added Ben to the workforce, once again. Rarely do these dogs bark in the day time...I can pretty much count on one hand the times I've heard it. Ben let out an aggressive bark and streaked for the back of their boundary...Jake was across the yard but ran to catch up as hard as he could.

Of course, I was thinking it was some big predator and I was going to finally see what they were worth and what they were up against. Couldn't see a THING up there. But, Ben was standing on alert, then rose to his hind legs, wheeled about on those two legs and ran down the hill barking up into the air!!!! I briefly saw a brown form flying in front of him but they went behind the shed and I couldn't see anything else. All the chickens were on alert but had not run for cover, nor had the rooster put out an alarm.

Ben got cut by a Great Horned owl last fall, so it could very well have created a good thing there. Could make him more aggressive towards aerial preds. I'm LOVING this!!!!
happy-dancing.gif
happy.gif

Thanking the Lord for this good dog He brought to me!
prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon.gif
Thanking the Lord for helping Ben get over his fears too....I watched him lay quietly as several shots echoed over the land a day or so ago. Couldn't tell if those were shots or fireworks, but it sounded like gunfire enough that he should have gotten anxious. Nothing...just relaxed!

In the back of my mind I've been dreading that part of fall after what happened last year~the GHOs were picking off some of the flock~ but this year I've resolved to let God handle it all and not get fearful or stressed about danger to the flock. God's will be done, not mine. Could be that things will be much different this fall...especially with a dog that now hates aerial predators.
LOL_.gif

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bay...you would know this if anyone would. Do LGD breeds normally try to guard against predator birds when they work on sheep or goats? Was wondering if this is just something they do when working with chickens. My old GP mix dog used to do the same thing, try to jump up in the air at any large bird that flew too low...crows, buzzards, hawks, etc.

Latest posts