tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finished my 3rd fast-mimicking and refeed cycle yesterday. I felt hot! I hope that means my mitochondria function is improving.

• My skin looks better.
  • My need for sleep is decreasing back to my normal.
  • I'm waking up alert - also returning to my normal.
  • Less fluid retention / weight gain from carb-heavy refeeds, might indicate improved insulin sensitivity and/or GI function

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
4th FMD/TRF cycle:

1st day FMD - fasting was effortless, first bit of hunger after 23 hours. I had a salty keto snack. (280 kcal, 5 g total carb). I walked a couple hours while training dogs and gardened for a couple hours.

2nd day FMD (today) - I lost 3# and 2" off my belly overnight. (Most of this is fluid loss but it feels good anyway!) I ate about 500 kcal this afternoon, but then had DS6's birthday cake in the evening for 1100 total kcal. Also got a bellyache from the birthday cake - not worth it!!!

3rd day refeed (tomorrow/cancelled) - due to birthday cake I'm going to call this cycle over on day 2 and start over. :hu

SW: 154.2
CW: 144.8
GW: 125

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had biphasic sleep last night! :weee I'm getting back to my normal!

My skin is so much better. I've been using retinol for months, but didnt notice much difference until I started FMD cycles. Looks like 5-8 years off my face in 2 weeks.

My physical therapist mistook me for early 20s 🤣 that hasn't happened in 5 years. I could pass for 19 when I was 33, but the last couple years have been hard on my skin. From youthful to premature aging. 😑

I also noticed new repigmentation of white hair on my hairline 😲😎 (probably from the months of retinol, but I like to think fasting helps)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i'm blowing off some steam here to vent it so i can get on with the day in a better frame of mind. :)
:hugs

Your body is not a garbage can. You are not obligated to eat food waste that someone else purchased.

Maybe you can return excess food to the store or donate to a food pantry? You can remove it from the kitchen and place it somewhere it doesn't bother you.

Hang in there. I'm dealing with similar and my DH is entirely unsympathetic and sometimes makes insensitive comments. It's much better now than a couple years ago. Boundaries take time and dedication to enforce them, but it's worth the effort

:hugs

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dream of living alone. :gig Love my family, but living with other people is hard!

when i was at the university i lived in a residence hall for over 7 years. at times i was the only person in the building (during vacation breaks or in the summer). it was interesting. i learned a lot. i vastly prefer to live alone, but i can get along as long as people aren't right in my face all the time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I did a round of TRF during vacation last month and am on day 2 (?) of another now. I dont remember if I ate normally yesterday... maybe the day before. I'll be able to tell which day I ate normally by how I feel tomorrow morning.

I'm not counting calories or using my food tracker app this round. Probably 350-ish calories today. 23 hour fast. No biggie. 👍

SW: 154.2 (3/15/22)
CW: 135.8 actual progress, I havent gotten below 137 in >2 years. Possibly not for 5 years.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
9th TRF/FMD cycle

I did 220 calories per day, 16:8 TRF.

I messed up and got myself dehydrated the first day, so I added electrolyte to my water bottle the second day. Refeed today.

My pain from Lipedema is 90% gone. Hugs don't hurt! My goal weight might be too high for my current body composition. We'll see when I get there...

This time, 220 calories looks like
1 cup carrots
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4% milkfat
1 mandarin orange

SW: 154.2 (3/15/22)
CW: 132.6