flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did a little reading. Mistake! I'm finding conflicting information. Is my morning coffee, with cream, actually breaking my fast? I've read that anything under 50 calories is ok....and I've read that anything with calories is not ok. ARGH!

I have cut down from a couple of healthy glugs of cream to a tablespoon. Not sure I can go cream-less.

Whatever the consensus is - the scale is moving in the right direction so until it stops - I'll probably continue to enjoy cream in my coffee, lol.

it's not a mistake if you eat the evidence...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it's not a mistake if you eat the evidence...
That is not a problem, lol. I found some cabbage rolls that I had put in the freezer last month and had two of those for lunch. Low carb of course - but very satisfying with meat and cheese. Not sure what's for dinner, maybe more cabbage rolls. Earlier I was thinking maybe soup of some sort of maybe even chili. But, since it's almost 3p and I haven't started anything - cabbage rolls is looking more likely, lol.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Still eating once a day. Not hungry and not much even when it's time to eat. Listening to my body, and no food that I know are off limits, not even in the smallest amounts for now. Maybe later I can have some pizza that I've modified.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of cabbage rolls, but I love cabbage in soup! If you dig out your recipe, please share it!
I leave out the rice. Not a cauliflower fan, so don't add it as a sub.
Cooked low in crockpot 6 hours or so on low. 3 hours on high. Just depends on how tender you want the cabbage

Attachments

• 20220206_091522.jpg
    20220206_091522.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 121

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beans and me, do not get along. However, I'm thinking about trying chick peas, which are a legume, and making that dip, hummus! With some kind of grain free homemade cracker, or maybe just celery sticks, or lettuce, or a new favorite: endive! With salt and garlic! I'm going to experiment 👩‍🍳.

Going to fast the rest of today though, so that will be another day.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm back to fasting after a hiatus.

I'm currently doing calorie restriction plus time-restricted feeding to lose weight (body fat). I was going to do DIY fasting mimicking diet because I felt really good when I did that quite a few years ago (before it was a thing!), but I'm winging it. <500 calories per day for a couple days, then refeed for a day or two which usually works out about about 1,500 calories (that's maintenance or slow gain for me if I'm not doing any fasting). I'm also averaging 19:5 time restricted feeding.

SW: 154.2
CW: 147.4
GW: 125