tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
some friends just gave us a lot of food/candy and it's going to be a challenge but i'm hoping i can stay out of it other than a few bites a day.
Can you freeze the candy? I've heard of people doing that with Halloween candy.

My mom sent a box of specialty chocolates. I'm amazed there are any left 😅 I put the box out of sight (out of mind) for a couple days. I got it out tonight. I was already fasting though. DH had a truffle. I like the malted milk balls but DH doesn't, so they'll be there when I want one.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you freeze the candy? I've heard of people doing that with Halloween candy.

My mom sent a box of specialty chocolates. I'm amazed there are any left 😅 I put the box out of sight (out of mind) for a couple days. I got it out tonight. I was already fasting though. DH had a truffle. I like the malted milk balls but DH doesn't, so they'll be there when I want one.

:) that sounds perfect! :)

no room in the freezer right now.

as it turned out the boxes did not have candy in them, what the one person told me wasn't accurate and so instead of peanut brittle and chocolate covered peanuts i have dried beans, fresh cranberries and frozen blueberries and a small fruitcake (which is delicious :) ). so pretty much i'm mostly safe from tons of sweets and i'll be able to ration the fruitcake out for the next several days. Mom won't touch it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Scale says I gained 13.0# in 21 days. Doesn't feel right. My body and the fit of my clothes haven't changed that much.

1) I'm sick, have been going to the gym, and ate salty food, so I could have fluid retention.
2) I cleaned my bathroom floor. Dirt under my scale can give a false low weight, so maybe my "before" weight measurement was wrong.

It was mostly #1. Scale says down 9# in 24 hours. 🙄

What if I hadn't weighed in tonight, decided "nothing works," and ate fast food to comfort myself? I think that happens to a lot of people!

Louder for the people in the back: All rapid weight changes are fluid [not fat].

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I enjoy fasting, I can get quite a high from it. I think it is a great thing to have in the tool box. Various types of fasts for various uses. Long fasts turn meditative and spiritual for me. Shorter fasts seem to act as a soft reset, boost my energy.

I use it when I require it, but am not currently practicing as I did over the last few years. Just in a difference stage where my body is craving different things, requires a different balance. Right now, less carbs are certainly part of that! I have been training to "listen to my body" for a long time now (rather than push through everything) and fasting was helpful to make me more aware of it. I find adding more fat has been beneficial to reduce migraine pain and add energy for me, but with (inherited) heart issues as well, at times I get nervous about the route I follow. I wouldn't be confident to endorse any specific way, cos I havent figured it out myself yet!

Goodluck, I hope it works out well for you :)

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is going to take some adjustments - but I think I can manage it in some shape or form. DH can't fast - he's on an insulin pump so he must eat. He wants to do a Mediterranean type diet. I've been shopping and have tons of veggies, fish, shrimp and all manner of good healthy food.
we love Mediterranean diet food here!