For REAL!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Homesteadmom said:
But there would be more fools who would just hand over their weapons & ammo than wouldn't "because the gov't said to". So who is using fear now? Not me. Would i just hand over our guns & ammo? No I would not, would my dad or brother? Not one your life! Why? Because it is a right given to us in the constitution "The right to keep & bear arms". This adminstration won't succeed at it any time soon, as Reid & Piglosi do not believe in arms control(only positive I have found about either of them). That is what this countries freedom was fought & won for the freedom to make these choices & decisions ourselves, not big brother looking over our shoulder telling us how to live our lives. For those who really want to see change in Washington, send a message next election do not vote for the satus quo help clean house & put new people & new ideas in there. Get rid of the Barney's & Teddy's!!!
There seems to be a persisting misunderstanding of the spelling of the name "Pelosi." Just want to straighten that out :)
I spelled it correctly thank you!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
me&thegals said:
Homesteadmom said:
But there would be more fools who would just hand over their weapons & ammo than wouldn't "because the gov't said to". So who is using fear now? Not me. Would i just hand over our guns & ammo? No I would not, would my dad or brother? Not one your life! Why? Because it is a right given to us in the constitution "The right to keep & bear arms". This adminstration won't succeed at it any time soon, as Reid & Piglosi do not believe in arms control(only positive I have found about either of them). That is what this countries freedom was fought & won for the freedom to make these choices & decisions ourselves, not big brother looking over our shoulder telling us how to live our lives. For those who really want to see change in Washington, send a message next election do not vote for the satus quo help clean house & put new people & new ideas in there. Get rid of the Barney's & Teddy's!!!
There seems to be a persisting misunderstanding of the spelling of the name "Pelosi." Just want to straighten that out :)
I spelled it correctly thank you!
Yes, I believe you did.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Big Daddy said:
Taking away millions of guns would be quite an undertaking though. Be a lot of dead people having guns pried from their cold dead hands. Probably a lot of dead law enforcement people too. So I don't see it happening.
I don't want to stir the hive, so to speak, but this really makes a lot of sense to me. Just consider the logistics of disarming an entire nation. Yikes! I don't see it happening!
I don't see a way that it could be enforced either, but the problem I see is that folks who are truly law abiding citizens and use their weapons wisely would either turn them in (and become unable to defend themselves if necessary) or become criminals because someone wanted to take their guns. The people they need to take them from - the criminals - are the very people that will not turn them in nor will they register them.

I don't have a huge problem with registering guns, unless or until they go the step further and try to start taking the guns. I think this is one of those topics that folks are going to have to agree to disagree on.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
The Second Amendment was written for a reason, mainly to protect me from people who want to disarm me. I'm happy for you, that you don't see the need. You fortunately don't have the power to take away my CC permit - yet.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin

I've obviously read enough of this, and am having a hard time moderating myself. I'd apologize, but I'm not sorry one bit. I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop, and those of you who think it isn't going to really need to get a clue.
I'm thinking it was a really good thing this post was written by the MODERATOR because I think if any of us less than ultra conservative right wingers had dared to intimate that someone was wearing rose colored glasses and kept their heads buried in the sand just because we didn't agree with their point of view we might have been MODERATED.
It IS entirely possible to be very well read, very well informed and very politically aware without watching fox news or listening to DrugRush Limbaugh (look I can misspell someone's name just because I don't agree with them too). It IS entirely possible to be somewhat hopeful about the course set for our country now that we have someone in office who doesn't owe his soul to the religious right, big oil, big business and the Middle East. As we've seen in the last eight years in more ways than I can enumerate the right is not always RIGHT.

Reaction score
I'm glad we have a couple of sound minds in this discussion. I'm sorry I don't own any rose colored glasses. I just use some common sense, Keeps me going just fine, thank you. I try to make rational arguments but those only work when speaking to other rational people.

As was pointed out quite nicely. As long as honest law abiding citizens have guns there will always be an ample supply of guns for criminals. I mentioned how criminals get there guns from law abiding citizens in an earlier post and someone ( I think it was a moderator) told me you would have to be real stupid for someone to steal your guns. Sounds like it does happen though.

I would be a lot more worried about criminals stealing my guns than the government taking them. Don't worry Obama doesn't need your guns. He might send some of his homies over to your house though.

Keep on listening to Rush. He needs all the drug money he can get.

By the way Ann if you got a 2nd moniker you could really speak your mind.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I must admit, I am a lot more worried about someone stealing one of our guns, than the government taking them. The government has to have laws passed, before they can take my gun. A criminal just has to invade my home, wreck the place and I'm sure (s)he will find a gun or two and probably some ammo too.
If that gun were used in a shooting, I wouldn't mind if the police could trace it back to my home and go from there to help track the perpetrator. After all, if I was robbed, I would report it to the police. They would investigate, take fingerprints and such. If they couldn't locate the thieves right away, there would nontheless be a record. Hopefully that information would help them to aprehend the shooter.
That would be in an ideal situation. I don't trust the police in my neighborhood. So I keep away from them to the best of my ability. They have never been very helpfull to me. I expect to have to take care of myself next time I am threatened by two big contractors tresspassing on my property! Last time, my only weapon was a camera. It intimidated them enough that they didn't touch me, but they came awfully close. When we called the police, we were told to mind our own business. The contractors were hired by our "little old lady" neighbor. We were to make nice to the neighbor. The police didn't give us a chance to produce my camera with photos and video of those two goons getting in my face threatening me. I had asked them to get off our property!
I have been told to get a lawyer and sue. That costs money. I don't have any. So now I'm just mad and am prepared to take care of myself and what is mine on my own.
That was a long rant, sorry! not :rant

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am not in any way afraid of anyone stealing my guns, they're properly stored, and my home is well protected by Smith & Wesson, Glock, Ruger, Bushmaster, Sig Sauer and a few more. If you own guns you have the moral obligation to know how to use them. We are well trained.

And Farmerlor, I would never censor (nor have I yet) anyone with an opposing political view. I am the one who brought up rose-colored glasses only to have BD use it on me. I've let stand things that send my hair right up on end. Please don't intimate I am anything but fair and evenhanded here on SS.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Outright censorship, no. But clarifying the forum rules with admonishments while the same post contains your political views could be viewed as censorship by those with opposing political leanings.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And just where did I do that? I am allowed my personal opinions, and I do not censor anyone. So please explain where you came to the conclusion that outlining the forum rules (about respect, which I am trying to uphold for myself, too) somehow should prevent me from participating in the discussion? What I see is censorship on your part, trying to keep me quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts