Funny animal names

greenrootsmama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My aunt raises Nubians and she named her first doe Fetta. I think she continued with that and named other goats cheese names but I don't remember them now.

We had some unique names for pets as I was growing up. We had a dog named Maynard, one named Herschel, and one named Virgil.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
This is a story more about my parents, both strong willed people, than about the dog.
We had a beagle that my mother named Buttons and my father named Belle Starr- and both called them the chosen name, never anything else. The funny thing was that we kids talked about Belle to my dad and Buttons to my mom. The dog was not the only one well trained.:D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I had a cat named Bagels 'n' Cream Cheese.....she was tan (toasted bagel) and white (cream cheese) and black (burnt bagel edges) and she made me laugh a lot. She looked, to me, like Angela Landsbury, that alone made me laugh.

When I was a kid we named the animals for slaughter, as a reminder, things like Big Mac and Quarter Pounder and Lambchop.

Someone once told me about a horse named Cat Sass, and when the announcer at the shows said the name, it sounded like something a bit naughty.... :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This isn't animal related...well, maybe...I've seen some real missing links coming out of this place! Where I'm from, there was a bar named Hadacall. When the owner was questioned about the name he said, "Well....I hadda' call it something!" :D

Brelansmama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My cats name is Tweety Bird, we just call her Tweety.
My 3 yr old DD named her beta fish Buzzwoody.....yes, she watched Toy Story 900 times the week we got the fish ;)
My parents had a Boston Terrier named Hoover, like the vacume, and he was a living vacume!! I once saw him swallow a WHOLE pork rib bone! (He hurked it up a few minutes later) Sadly, he was hit by a car last year.
We are getting chickens this spring, and my husband already has his named Tractor!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I've a couple silkie roos named Porkchop and Drumstick.

Friend of ours gave birth in the kitchen..literally! while she was mashing potatoes for dinner...her son just dropped out...lol So they named him Mashed Potatoes. Poor kid.

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My brown lab is named catfish, cause he looked like a catfish and always smelled like dirt. (I didn't like how dirt sounded for a name). Our German Shepard is named Kimber - The make of my husbands .45, both for protection. :D

We also had Walker who was the best pound puppy ever (he was killed last year, hit by a car :( ) of course after Walker, Texas Ranger.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
ROTFL

Free, really, Cat Sass?!? :lol: I can just imagine the people at the horse show when they annouce that one!!!