Healthy Fats and Oils.......IMO!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Depends. If you are overweight, I would hold off on the honey until I was closer to goal weight and then give it a try. if your weight goes up or you stall, you may need to order stevia over the internet.

You can try using erythritol if you can find that.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
freemotion said:
But we all have different genetic make-ups, and your diet could be ideal for you.
Just playing off this one quote, Free. This is exactly my point. Different genetics, different diets work for different people - and I don't need a forty paragraph cut and paste again to try to change my mind. I understand passionate beliefs, but I really think the insistence that there's only one way to eat is misguided, at best.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
While there are genetic differences between people, we are NOT different species. There are people with rare conditions that require very different diets, but these are not a majority of the people.

How do you explain the differences? Simple. Some people are able to tolerate more damage to their cells from sugars, starches, high omega 6 fatty acid oils, etc... than others. It doesn't mean that sugars and starches are good for you by any stretch of the imagination.

For millions of years, grains and sugars were not available in anything coming close to the qty we have today. The certainly were not eaten as the primary component of the human diet. Fruits were only eaten seasonally and in small qty. A majority of the food was fat and protein.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And yet I see no one here suggesting that anyone subsist solely on grains. Any time anyone mentions grains you go off on a rant about how bad they are - they aren't, the fact that the government and big ag has been pushing them is the problem. "For millions of years' people definitely have had and used grains in their diets, healthy societies, it's our misuse that's the problem. We are omnivores, we need a varied diet to be healthy. That includes a lot, rather than excludes whole chunks of the food groups.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I see no one here suggesting that anyone subsist solely on grains
Of course not. Eventually that will kill you. A meat and fat diet will not. I have previously posted my evidence (including the study comparing the hunter-gatherer society to the agricultural society here http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...lth-in-agriculturalists-and-hunter-gatherers/)

Grains are very new in an evolutionary sense. We didn't even start agriculture until approx 10,000 years ago...a blink of the eye in evolutionary terms. Even when grains became commonly used, the einkorn wheat and other varieties used for centuries are nothing like what we are using today.

As for my diet, it has a LOT of variety and I am healthier than ever.

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I see no one here suggesting that anyone subsist solely on grains
Of course not. Eventually that will kill you. A meat and fat diet will not.
That's still pretty debatable, as majority of studies prove that high fat diet will kill you eventually.

All the quotes on millions of years ago we lives on meat and high fat as a bit irrelevant. They slept out in the cold and worked hard chasing food all day of course they are going to need high fat, they burnt it all off relatively quickly!

For bowel health I definately think a balance of grains is a must. I'm glad your diet worked for you WZ and that your at a great BMI, weight and muscle tone for your age.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Stevia is hard to find around here free, would local honey work as a sweetner?
Stevia is non-glycemic, honey is not, but for natural sweeteners, I would choose raw honey or real maple syrup or maple sugar. I will be making some this coming winter/spring. There has been quite a bit of fraud in both the honey and the maple syrup industries recently, with HFCS being used to dilute both these products. Same with EVOO, diluted with soy and other cheap oils. Buy from trusted sources, even if you have to spend a bit more.

The two stevia products that I use are the pure extract, the cheapest is the 365 brand from whole foods in the 4 ounce size. Sweetleaf is good, and Now, too, but more expensive. Watch out for the "glycerate." It is diluted with glycerine. I also get a box of the packets for taking with me and for using in my coconut oil/chocolate recipe. Don't get the one with the fiber added. It floats nastily and clumps. Eat a carrot instead, for your fiber!

Although these products are somewhat processed, they are used in such minute amounts, I compromise here. Life has to be worth living, huh?

If I couldn't find it locally, I would be ordering it online. When I order certain things, I e-mail some of my friends and see if we can split an order and get better shipping deals with a bigger order.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I would like to draw everyone's attention to the title of this thread....Healthy Fats and Oils.....In My Opinion!

Just a friendly reminder to be friendly, please.....

Latest posts