Home made......

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
roosmom said:
hoosier said:
PotterWatch said:
So, it's kind of like a chili? I've never heard of hotdog sauce before.
You poor, deprived thing. :)
Agreed......
I cant believe that someone doesnt know what coney dog sauce is. TRY IT!!!!:D
:ep I couldnt imagine not ever having a coney dog!!!!!!! You've got to try it!

It's hard to find them around my area at restaurants... and even harder to find the sauce at the grocery store (that tastes anything decent) Though one store carries some occasionally... I'm sure I"lll enjoy this homemade sauce much more than a can of sauce! :love

Oh I just couldn't imagine not ever enoying a coney dog. :th

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who didn't know what hotdog sauce is? :lol: I am not a hotdog eater really. I'll have one every once in a while when we are camping, but that's about it. I'll have to ask my husband if he's ever heard of it, but considering he's lived in Southern California his whole life, I doubt it.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Actually, it is good you dont eat them, they are bad for arthritis (just what I been told lol)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
PotterWatch said:
Am I the only one who didn't know what hotdog sauce is? :lol: I am not a hotdog eater really. I'll have one every once in a while when we are camping, but that's about it. I'll have to ask my husband if he's ever heard of it, but considering he's lived in Southern California his whole life, I doubt it.
Now, that's a new one for me...that anyone could live in America and not know what hotdog sauce was! :D :lol: :lol: Whatever in the world do you put on your hotdogs where you come from? Never heard of putting onions or slaw either? Someone fax Potterwatch a real, honest-to-goodness, red-blooded American chili dog! :D :p

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
PotterWatch said:
Now, that's a new one for me...that anyone could live in America and not know what hotdog sauce was! :D :lol: :lol: Whatever in the world do you put on your hotdogs where you come from? Never heard of putting onions or slaw either? Someone fax Potterwatch a real, honest-to-goodness, red-blooded American chili dog! :D :p
:clap FAX.....:clap

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
PotterWatch said:
If I eat a hotdog, I usually put relish, mustard, and onions on it. I have had chili dogs before, but like I said, since I don't eat them but a couple times a year, I haven't had a lot of time to experiment, lol. I have just never before heard of hotdog sauce. Neither had my husband. If we put chili on it, we just call it chili...I would say it must be an east coast thing, but I've lived in Virginia for a bit... Maybe it's a northeast thing. :D

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
slaw dogs!!!!!! YEAH!!!! :weee

We found out about those by accident! We'd moved to GA for a job transfer. I was pregnant and craving Dairy Queen... so DH drove me 50 minutes to the nearest Dairy Queen (thankfully someone at our church told us about this location, b/c I was devastated to be w/out a DQ)

So Dh ordered me my ice cream through the drive thru, and he ordered a footlong hotdog. Well we got someone else's bag. But didn't realize it until we were halfway home, he decided he didn't want to wait a half an hour more to eat his footlong. We opened it and were :ep shocked, what the heck is all that mess on there? It was a chili/cheese/slaw dog. He decided to try it anyways... it was gagging me just looking at it. He loved it. He' had them ever since. They don't make them where we live now, so I make them at home for him a couple times a year. I've finally tried a slaw dog (not w/ all the other stuff on it) and love it. Of course I like cole slaw on alot of types of sandwiches.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my grandmother makes a recipe that was passed from her mother and probably grandmother. Its hard to duplicate but im getting better. Its kind of like a cobbler, she calls it fruit pudding. Can be made with almost any fruit. The trick is that is so old the measurements arent modern. A cup of flour means a coffee cup, a walnut size lump of butter, 1/2 an egg shell of water, etc. But it sure is tasty.

My other grandmother made the best meatloaf, only my sister knows how because he lived with her when she got up i years and shes not telling.

Fresh, homemade cherry pie :th I got some from a local deli and was in love. Its just so different from store bought.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
roosmom said:
I will be the first to admit that I have tried and tried to make pie crust. NO CAN DO. Impossible for me. tried failed tried failed etc etc.
BUT I did enjoy another cup of hot cocoa when I got home from work :D.
:hugs I know, I cant do it either. I just buy it in the roll and put it in the pan.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can make a good pie crust, it's just much easier and less time consuming to purchase the premade roll out kind! I only make homemade for apple pies b/c I like it thicker and it reminds me of my grandma's apple pies.. it's just not the same unless I make it homemade.