JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great job :thumbsup

We're having similar cold blustery winds here today--really feels like winter is coming.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Your poor fingers - ouch!
Those wheat berries look uh-mazingly good. Someone gifted you the wheat? Nice!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rathbone said:
Your poor fingers - ouch!
Those wheat berries look uh-mazingly good. Someone gifted you the wheat? Nice!
Yes, someone gave me several large sealed cans of them. :) I am blessed!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So yesterday, as I went out to do the morning chores, I notices poor little Fred, by pygmy buck, was soaked to the skin, and cold. We have gotten so much rain, that his shelter was surrounded my a moat, he didn't want to cross to get into his shelter, so he was apparently out in the mornings rain. UGH! After I finished my chores, I decided I had to move his shelter to higher ground. Now, this would be easy, if I could have gotten the tractor in there and just pulled it...but I couldn't..so I had to move it by hand. Pushing, pulling, cussing...I was finally able to get it moved. His shelter is a big wooden crate....4 1/2 ft tall..3 ft deep, and about 4 ft wide..and wet and heavy! I got it moved, cleaned out, dry bedding, and hung a small hay feeder inside. I then took to weather proofing it for him...he should stay dry now...and warm. This took a few hours, so I went back to the house to get dinner started for hubby, and to take a small break, after his lunch is packed up I head to the coop. The gutters were so full of leaves and water..YUK. Get the ladder, and was able to get them cleaned out. Whew! What a job!
Back to the house...wet and cold. By evening, I was feeling it...sore muscles...aching hips..fever...this is not good. I sat in front of the wood stove for a few hours...soaking in the heat. By 11 pm, I was in bed...I just felt like I was run over by a truck. This morning....I am in full blown, got the icky blahs. Fever, muscle aches...I drag myself to the barn to do the chores...bring the milk inside..and lay back down for a bit. I didn't get out to let the poultry out until 10 am. I have been sleeping all morning, off and on, wrapped in a blanket by the fire...I feel like poo! :( Guess I over did it yesterday, so today I am paying for it. Took some ibuprofen, ate a half of a peanut butter sandwich and I am going to go lay back down. This has to get better....No time to be sick....Holidays coming up.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I was hit hard....by STREP! UGH! I have never in my adult life had this. How HORRIBLE!! I was on my back for 2 full days...sleeping...drinking ice water..taking ibuprofen..and feeling like death would be the better option. I still had to get up and care for the animals...of course..but would sleep in between. Finally yesterday my son and DIL brought me some chicken soup, and orange sherbet. Today, I was able to get to the doctor, got a Z pac...and I am on the mend. Whew, that was ROUGH! I wouldn't wish this on anyone! So later today we are headed to KY to my sisters for Thanksgiving dinner. Oh, speaking on my sister...for those of you in the KY viewing area, she was on TV Friday morning, Louisville listens on WAVE3 She represented Frische's Big Boy. :) PK, I have to get the animals taken care of, as we wont be back until after dark, YUK!

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I feel your pain! I had strep last winter - hadn't had it since I was a kid - and I thought I was going to DIE!!!! Glad you're feeling better in time for the holiday! :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Glad you are on the z pak! Strep is nothing to mess around with. A few years ago my friend who is a principle in a different school than I worked at had one of the teachers at the school die suddenly. He was 23 years old and he actually DIED from the strep! He and his family just thought he had a flu.