Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goats. No, chickens. Make that gas. Now, lets talk about weather. :lol:

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
He supposedly got them from playing in a sandbox where raccoons had deficated and put his fingers in his mouth.
sandboxes GROSS me out! we had one in the yard when i was little but my mom destroyed it after she found my little sister making a castle out of cat turds...

i will NEVER let my kids in a sand box. i might never be able to touch them again if i knew where they'd been. the funny part is that regular barnyard contact with poop doesn't bother me, but something about sand boxes gives me the serious hebegebees.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
"sandboxes GROSS me out! we had one in the yard when i was little but my mom destroyed it after she found my little sister making a castle out of cat turds..."

Sorry Bib, but I wanted to LOL when I read that!

I know whatcha mean though. When I had a toddler, I put a new kiddy-pool on the back porch and filled it with clean sand, then topped that with another kiddy pool when it wasn't in use. Good thing I guess, since we DID have a raccoon family that visited the porch. I'd never heard of racoon worms back then ...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Me too! GROSS!!!! I hate sandboxes!! I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Sam had a big tub of dry beans to play with in her room. Good CLEAN fun. No icky kitty turds. LOL

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
glenolam yells to son "little g....GET OUT OF THAT SANDBOX before the sufficient self peeps come a lookin for ya!"

:p Just jerkin your collar!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.
at least you arent the one with the weird and wormy dog!

* looks over shoulder suspiciously at weird and wormy dog *

ugh!

so today we drove into town.........

they couldnt get the Rx transferred to a local vet until late yesterday so we drove in today to get the drugs.

yep, SD it was the sulfa drugs (Albon) and the wormer was Strongid. the wormer was $30

WHAT!?!?!? $30 freakin' dollars!!!???

* think think think think wow that sounds familiar.....*

next we went to tractor supply and i walked directly back to the horse wormer paste and....... yep. strongid for $8 and was apparently enough to worm a trailer full of horses. so all i really needed was the correct dose for a dog and $8. dang!

*steam coming out of ears*

so i was kinda hacked at that. but at least we'll get Dog#2 fixed up. i'm also feeding him raw milk and small meals thru the day to keep his belly working and to fight against the cocci which will inhibit his protein absorption. he's glad for all the attention and doesnt mind taking the medicine.

so now its nothing but rain rain rain and more rain followed by periods of rain with rain following. the ducks have never been so happy in all their lives.

the good news is that i got up early, snatched up Debbie before the babies could latch on and took most of her milk! whooot! lets hear it for free milk! yay! we are gonna have one more cold cold nite then we'll start to separate the babies at nite so i can have the milk for the house (as needed).

Nibbles looks like an island but her ligs arent loose and she's eating like a horse. she might have another week yet.

the neighbor kids came over to give the little goaties their shots so all good news there. and Vita looks pretty good.

so i had two great scores...

first Dollar General had seeds - 3 for $1!!!! and also little peat pots for $1.50 so i loaded up.

and

Tractor Supply has chicks! i think they are really early but there they were! i was marched directly PAST the chicks so i didnt get any but was very excited to see them. and The Warden wont always be around do i'll show up pretty soon with a peepin box of fun.

but

here is some sad news.

one of my little pals - a younger gal - asked me to save up 4 doz eggs for her incubator. she told me early this week she'd come by Fri/Sat to pick them up. so i sent her an email telling her when we'd be home...

....and i just got a note back that they had a house fire! so i'm worried about her and asked what she needed and if they are ok. i'm sure they are all in a whirl but wow.

after our hard week - at least our house didnt burn down. i know her family is nearby but i'll keep trying to make contact. i think i have a bunch of stuff for her. maybe its some kind of 'pre arranged blessing' that i have all that stuff in my garage from the people who moved out of state.

and thats all the news that is fit to print.

:)

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs to your little gal pal. Hope the damage isn't too bad (and that they had insurance). Hope Dog # 2 gets all fixed up - Raccoon Worms, whoda thunk it?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
your TSC has chicks? I bet ours doesn't yet. It's too dang wet for chicks anyway. I'm trying to get out of a foul mood from spending 3 hours in heck AKA the school carnival. Rum and coke and a sloppy joe should fix me right up :D
Sorry to hear about your friend's housefire :(

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
As usual, you have lots going on and I missed most of it ;)
I am back to my crazy busy schedule and only get to peek on the forum occasionally in between feeding critters, lacto fermenting something or other, making dinner from scratch of course, cleaning, babystting and all the other chores and self sufficient things I do.
We are expecting more rain, so I am trying to get bedding aired out and as much laundry done as possible.

Hope puppy doodles gets rid of those expensive worms real quick and for good.