Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We went to SIL's for lunch yesterday - Gary took about 10 of his cute birdhouses and sold 7. One's coming up your way to a friend's father. I told her the birds would drown in all that rain.

I'm feeling for y'all. It's been so wet here we can barely get the garden plowed. Finally got 20 rows of corn planted during this last little dry spell we've had.

Oh, Gary lost a rabbit Saturday evening and we put it in the freezer until we could dispose of it properly (it was sick, so we didn't throw it in the stew pot). On the way to his sister's he said, "I meant to get that rabbit out of the freezer to take and set in different placed in the yard (yes, there are kids there). I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. He's sick!

Well, off to visit my Mom in the hospital. Keep her in your prayers - not sure how this is going to turn out.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We sure could use some rain here! We are in drought conditions (officially "severe" drought).

Sprayed the chicken yard yesterday and the water just beaded up on top of the dust.. it as wild looking.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Poop soup here as well. :sick rain rain rain rain rain rain rain!!!!!!! I am so sick of rain!!! No one is happy at this little farm...even the ducks are complaining!
Ditto here. :(

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
SEE'S BORDEAUX!!!! oh man.... i loved the See's also. i thought i wouldnt have any never minds if i couldnt just walk into a nearby shop (they dont have them here) but wow was i wrong! oh for their caramels! sigh...

so i loaded up on EC (sorry D....dont puke) and wow the getting was good. and i got a bunch of little plastic buckets but they were $0.50...but that's ok

what do i used them for? heck what DONT i use them for! feeders for ducks/chicks/whoever, to milk into when i'm just giving it to the barnyard crew, to put rendered fat into (but only the food grade ones with lids that i can sometimes find), to hold seedlings in while i'm taking them out to plant, as a suds bucket if one of the critters is dirty and needs a quick scrubbin' (favorite little duck....), or just as a scoop to carry feed. they dont last forever but good is good.

so when we get a break in the weather i'm running out to get some more hay. found a guy who has some alfalfa - the goats only liked the grassy hay i got for a day. i coulda killed them... grrr...

so hopefully this will work out. he said he has a whole field of just alfalfa... they just need some dry days to take it up. man i've had it with the mud!

and my ducks also, java, have had it with the swamp out there. sheesh!

AL - i'll send some rainy thoughts your way. if i could i'd send you an easter bucket full of it!!!

:)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
Hows this?

Rollin, rollin, rollin
Get them wild beans boilin'
Need coffee for my toilin'
Wild Beans

Wild Coffee beans are screamin'
The pot they're in's a steamin'
Wild Beans.

Ride 'em down, grind 'em up
Ride 'em down, grind 'em up
Ride 'em down, grind 'em up - Wild Beans

(Too early to think of more verses right now - I haven't even had my first cuppa)

BTW - that's to the tune of Rawhide - in case you hadn't guessed it. Oh - and I've been a filksinger since my wild, untamed youth!
:thumbsup Great song :lol:

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
where i lived in New Zealand (Dunedin) they have a Cadbury factory. i'm not a big chocolate fan myself, but the factory was down near the grocery store and the whole area smelled like chocolate. i swear, that store had to sell more candy than any single grocery store in the WORLD. you just couldn't think straight with your head all fogged by chocolate...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
:lol:
That is just how it smelled by that Sees factory. But they did NOT have a store there nearby so it just made you crave it more.

Certain things smell so goooooooooood in the air. Like coffee. I swear part of the allure of a Starbucks is the aroma of all those freshly ground beans. :drool

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Heehee, there is a bread factory and outlet store a few miles away from my house and some mornings when I walk outside it smells like doughnuts :th

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well right down from my house is a small restaurant. When they throw those steaks and hamburgers on the grill, the dog as well as Hubby and I stick our noses in the air and sniff... You can keep your candy.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
KC the people in the next car probably wonder if you are pretending to be dogs or what.

rollin, rollin, rollin
smell those burgers frying
rollin, rollin rollin
cows must have been dyin'