Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I was thinking Schnipples. Kind of a blend of schnapps the drink and nipples - because ya'll have been tipping a bottle of SOMETHING! :lol:
oh golly this could be a contender...... "here Schnipples!"

but nubbins is pretty good too.

*OFG thinks about Icu4dzs's observation, wonders.....*

hey! do you think i could milk Little Nipples???? i could make cat cheese! with all them extra nipples i'd have plenty of milk!

and i could serve it at my next dinner party..... "Fromage du chat" anyone??

blech!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Have you been watching meet the parents? they have a whole scene about milking cats little nipples (and they are at the dinner table)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well the Full Moon of the Bat Sh!tcrazy Goat has passed.... but not without incident.

so.

all y'all know that i'm not a goat snuggler. or goat smoocher. Sunny was so happy to get back to her home herd because no one here kissed her. altho the dog really wanted to...but more in a "he aint lickin' you, goat - he's TASTING you" kinda thing. pretty much the goats get a pat on the head and are told "good work" and thats all the luvin they get. and really i only expect a few things from them:

1. milk. a lot. and stand there quietly when the milking is happening. i'll give you whatever snacks you want just stand there and let me milk.

2. come when i call you - almost always to the milking stand or for some special snacks

3. be QUIET. which is why i like the la manchas and probably will never have a nubian despite the fact they fulfill Goat Requirement #1 very well.

so

last nite there i was doing the evening chores alone. and there was Debbie the goat.

1. she didnt have any milk - Dahlia'd already stolen it.
2. she didnt come when i called her. so i had to go and get her.

and just so's ya know... "not coming when i call you" - for dogs and goats - is a pretty bad offense. in fact, with the dogs - if they dont come to me by the time i've called 3 times... or heaven forbid, i have to go and get my shoes on to go find them... they'd better run FROM me.

so i picked up the leash and went after Debbie who smirked and really thought she was something else.

*cut to scene.. OFG hot stepping that goat directly to the milkstand at a fast pace, goat slightly wild eyed, on a short leash*

then... THEN.... she wouldnt get up on the stand. and was stomping all around - while my little ducklings, my sweet little duck momma, AND one of my setting hens were right there! i thought she was gonna stomp on my hen! so i growled at her to "get on that stand or i will end you right now."

she got on the stand.

there was a slight wrestling match over whether she was or was not going to put her head in the stanchion. turned out she WAS. she stood there snorting and not eating.

me: i dont care if you eat or not, missy.

she didnt.

then when we were done she pretty much she ran right back to the gate, and once inside the yard she did that crazy bucking, twisting, flipping and kicking up her heels thing. fine. whatever. but she kept it up for a while and had Nibbles on the run. if they ever get too sporty i just give them a common enemy and bring the dog in to settle them down. but the dog was on the deck so i figured i'd just let them goats work it out.

me: Run Nibbles run!

so then came the part of the show where everyone has to go into the goat house. i was getting the water buckets ready and then here comes Debbie, head down, ridge high... right. for. me.

now the last time she did this i just spread out my arms wide, puffed myself up as big as i could...and said something like, "take a swing muthawhatdidshesay"...and Deb just sidled off....

but this time... she was tossing her head and kicking.... still coming right at me.

so i took evasive action.

i threw a bucket of water on her.

Debbie looked like i threw napalm on her.

me: I could do this all day. Who's next?

cuz i did in fact have more buckets.

from behind me, up on the deck, i heard cheering from the dogs and Kai begging "paaaahlllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze let me have her!!!!!"

Debbie shook like a dog then looked at me again...

me, brandishing another bucket: you want a fresh one?

then there was that moment of truth where either you are or are not in control of the situation.... we stared each other down... me, Cool Hand Luke... her, crazy goat.....i raised an eyebrow....

and she turned and ran directly into the goat house.

so who knows whats going to happen today. i'm just glad that the Moon of the BatSh!t Crazy Goats is over. i'm about to breed her just so she'll knock off all the funny business. either milking will or will not go well today - but you can bet the dog will be sitting right beside me.

anyway. thats whats going on here. happy wednesday folks!

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
wow. I thought my goats were crazy when in heat. :D Now they are just into that whole "girls rule, boys drool" thing :rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

The question is when you threw the water did she screen "I'm mellllllltinnnng!!"

I say next time let Kai handle her. It will be good practice for her.
;)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! java - there's no boyz around here... yet
;-)

Tanks - all Kai wants is a piece of them big meat bags... i mean goats. hee hee heee.... now i can call back Titan ... but My Fighting Uruk-Hai.. um... don't know if i could call her off...that could be a one way ticket. zoikes!

and

she brought me a dead mole yesterday - one of those big creepy ones with the flippity floppity feet. so she is earning her "Killer" stripes.... even if its just "Mole-Killer"

i'm hoping the dogs pull down a deer this fall - free eats for everyone! whoooot!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You are soooo right about the La Mancha vs. Nubian thing. We have one of each and they are as different as night and day!! I've even heard the neighbors mocking our Nubians yell, cause well...it IS annoying! :lol:

I even forget the La Mancha is even down theresometimes! Granted, not even a freight train could be heard over that freaking Nubian when she gets going!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Alls I can say is there'll be no singing John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" on your farm - It's certainly not "laid back". :gig :smack

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Yeah, you don't really get a john Denver vibe from OFG's place

just remember how similar deer are to goats :D

anybody who crowds the gate here gets shot with the water hose. And even though they hate it, we still have to do it every day :rolleyes:

It appears that they did not let Little Dude eat yesterday. And the love-hate relationship goes both ways. He is willing to take a beating to be near them apparently. But I got it all figured out and gave him his own area so they can be 'fence friends' without him losing his dignity. He's happy and they can't kill him so I'm happy.