One Animal??

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
OK, well someone has to say it...... I would pick sheep. My sheep right now give me nothing but manure and pleasure, but eventually they will give me meat, milk and fiber. Plus they mow my lawn, all my neighbors love them, and they fart and burp a lot in the barn which keeps the chickens warm.

They are easier on fences than goats, they can fit in a regular car, unlike cows, and they won't eat me like a pig would.

In addition, they are so happy to see me, I have figured out 7 different maa's, and they make me laugh.

I haven't had them yet, but rabbits are next on my list, so they might be a serious contender eventually. Good thing this isn't actually real. :D

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Iceblink said:
OK, well someone has to say it...... I would pick sheep. My sheep right now give me nothing but manure and pleasure, but eventually they will give me meat, milk and fiber. Plus they mow my lawn, all my neighbors love them, and they fart and burp a lot in the barn which keeps the chickens warm.

They are easier on fences than goats, they can fit in a regular car, unlike cows, and they won't eat me like a pig would.

In addition, they are so happy to see me, I have figured out 7 different maa's, and they make me laugh.

I haven't had them yet, but rabbits are next on my list, so they might be a serious contender eventually. Good thing this isn't actually real. :D
You say that like its a bad thing? :lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Shoot, I read it as 'and they don't eat like a pig would'.

But now its all that much more funnier so I'm leaving my mistake.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW--such different answers.

rabbits
chickens
hogs
sheep
cows
ducks

everyone has that one preference...cool to read! :)

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You do mean one type of animal, not just one animal, right? I'm mean, so many animals can't manage without their flock/herd. :/ ;)

I'd choose the chickens, though the ducks would be a close second.

I really don't find my waterfowl yard to be that foul. They leave grass in there, while the chickens rip up all the grass. Duck poo is watery and will sink into the grass, but goose poo, well is more solid and messy.

I'm adding more ducks, so I expect the mess will grow. :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--yup one type
if you choose chickens you can have 5000 of them if wanted..LOL

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Chickens I think. Or maybe rabbits. I'm used to the chickens now, though and they really don't take that much work. And I could always go elsewhere to hunt or trap rabbits. My cats have decimated the wild rabbit population.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
LOL--yup one type
if you choose chickens you can have 5000 of them if wanted..LOL
Ok, then- 5000 dogs, all clones of my girl, lol!