One Animal??

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Back. An ox is just a trained draft cow. Often a steer or bull. I thought it was, but I wanted to be sure. :)

So, unless your ox is a female, then NO, you can't milk an ox.... ;)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yes, I just got back from googling it. But maybe I am thinking more of a yak. I want a yak! :D

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Yes, I just got back from googling it. But maybe I am thinking more of a yak. I want a yak! :D
Yaks and highland cattle are pretty cool. Then you could get fiber, as well, as ox, milk, and meat.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
big brown horse said:
Um, I'm going to have to say HORSE! :p Then I could taxi folks around in exchange for eggs, milk, meat and wool. He could help me plow a big ol' garden and fertilize it too.
Got that covered. ;)

Click here.
There was a man who used to ride a long horn in our small town parades when I was a kid!!! The steer had tennis balls on the tips of his horns, it was too funny!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
DrakeMaiden said:
Yaks and highland cattle are pretty cool. Then you could get fiber, as well, as ox, milk, and meat.
When I was toying with the idea of getting a mini cow, I found myself attracted to the Scottish Highlanders for sure. SIGH. I just don't have the room right now. :/

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Wolf-Kim said:
DrakeMaiden said:
When I was toying with the idea of getting a mini cow, I found myself attracted to the Scottish Highlanders for sure. SIGH. I just don't have the room right now. :/
They are on my "list". I want a Jersey, some highlands, and some angus. :)

Adam calls the highlanders "hippie cows". LOL

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
"Hippie cows!!!" :gig If I tell my husband that, he might insists we get some. :lol:

Latest posts