Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Be careful around the farm in this heat! I have a week of 102-103F degrees up until next Sunday, probably beyond that but that’s all the weather forecast shows. I work from daylight until 10 AM to maybe noonish, then have to stop. I’m used to the Texas heat, but this is ridiculous.
Oh, Im careful in the heat. I do what I can here until about 10 am also, sometimes sooner, because it gets so hot. The humidity is going to start going up today so Im already in from outdoor activities until maybe 6 pm when I plan to mow.
Forecast says we maaaay get some rain tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it.
Had to dispatch three rabbits a while ago. Tried selling them but no one did. Had a few email and Id reply about letting me know when they wanted to pick up but then nothing.
Right now Im taking a break then doing some housework. Bathroom and floors really need it.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
New chicks on the block.
20221031_185212.jpg

In other news........work has been very busy. Holidays are coming up and we are getting lots of magazines.
Yesterday I finally did R1. The guy who was subbing for that route quit and went back to the job he used to do. Its the only route I hadnt done all the way by myself. Got done at 4:30 which is sooner than I thought I would but then I had to go help another carrier. So I didnt get home til 6 pm.
Lost a couple chickens recently, so thats why I decided to hatch out a few. Neighbors dog got a couple a few weeks ago. They were the ones that kept jumping out.
I think a buzzard hawk got a few others. My favorite banty hen disappeared. Found my Spitzenhauben in the field while mowing. 😬
Hens havent been laying much recently because of moulting and the sun setting sooner now we are into fall. With the time change coming up it will drop more for a while but its a good time for worming and gives them a break.
Got the plastic up on the coop couple weeks ago right before we had a cold snap here. Put thier heated bucket in also so they will have water when its freezing out.
Put more wood chips in for added warmth.
Had to order new headlights for the Jeep. One of the LED headlights on the right side went out. The highbeams work but not the lowbeams. They should be here Friday.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahhhhh - gotta love chicks! What kind is it? I hatched some barnyard mixes a few weeks ago - almost every one of them is black and nekkid neck. While I appreciate just getting new chicks, I would have appreciated a little variety, lol!
got any pics, I love naked necks :) we don't have any as they are hard to find around here and I don't order from hatcheries but I love looking at them :)

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yay for chicks! Especially when you can hatch your own! Glad work is going good, of course it’s about to get crazy. Holidays will be busy. Do you get extra pay for longer hours?
If I put it on a green card. The only time you do that is if you help another carrier because the route is split up, or, for example, you case a route for someone who doesnt know how to case that particular route. Then you get paid mileage and hours. But if you do a route with no help, cased it yourself and all, you get paid evaluation only. Evaluation is what they evaluate how long it takes to do the route. If you go over the that time, you dont get paid for it so you want to finish on time. If you get done waaaaaay before the evaluated time, you still get paid for the total evaluated estimate. If you use a gooberment vehicle, you dont get mileage, but you do if you use your own vehicle.