Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bred all three doe's today. Figured, why not? :idunnoIts warm, (60 degrees), sunny. The two doe's bred before have been weaned from thier kits for three weeks. Ive only sold 1 purebred NZ buck so far. 😞Was really hoping to sell most if them by now.
I did have a guy wanting 4 but he was going to feed them to his boa constrictor so I said, no. Im sorry, but I wont become a snake food supplier. 😠
If no more kits are sold by the end of the month, they will be processed. I wont probably process the purebreds as Im hoping to sell those eventually. :fl

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Snake food supplier is really good market, IMO. If you have color breeding goals, like Dutch markings, you can cull at 10 days or so and sell as snake food.

Another good market is raw dog food. Frozen pinkies for treats. Whole ground animals for prey model feeders.

Some businesses have been so successful they've been unable to breed fast enough to keep up with consumer demand.

More options if you start producing more than you want for your freezer and if pet/show market is glutted.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry. No snake food.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So.....very disappointed with the sale of this last litter of kits. Sold only 2 mixed breed bucks, and one purebred NZ buck. At 10 weeks, the NZ are only 4lbs. They should be more than that right now. If I dont sell anymore by this Friday, its Camp Kenmore for the mixed breeds. There are still 8 left. Hate doing it but need the space since I bred the 3 does and they are due Feb 1st.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got the males done today. Does tomorrow. Will package up probably Monday.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have plenty of other meat but this is the first time I had rabbit. The last 2 or 3 litters sold like hotcakes. Not sure what happened this time.
Maybe I should move next to @B&B Happy Goats. She seems to have the magic touch on selling livestock. 🦅🐰🐓🐇🐑

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Are you selling as pets, breeding stock or for slaughter?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whatever the buyer wants to do with them. Ive advertised as meat rabbits, rabbits for sale, purebred NZ. Worked earlier this year but not so much now.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have plenty of other meat but this is the first time I had rabbit. The last 2 or 3 litters sold like hotcakes. Not sure what happened this time.
Maybe I should move next to @B&B Happy Goats. She seems to have the magic touch on selling livestock. 🦅🐰🐓🐇🐑

saturated local market and people won't buy meat for high prices are my guesses. good luck! :)