STARTING with ideas to raise money

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wonderful, Ldychef2k!!!!!

I hope your bakesale and auction goes well!!!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
We are heading for a tropical storm ! Starting perhaps next week, a building arts class will be here a couple of hours a day (their class time) to do the roof. I will be the doting elderly lady with cookies. Little do they know....

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey, when Hurricane Ike took our power away for 11 days down in hot south TX, I went out in short shorts and bribed the city workers (who were shipped in all the way from Missouri to help!!) with some cold Mexican cokes (the kind made with real sugar, not hfcs).

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :cool:

They probably got so scared I would do it again they got my power up and running within the hour and took off! :lol:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I have seen those Cokes at WinCo, but they are 99 cents...

I go ANYWHERE in short shorts, the entire west coast shuts down.

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ladychef2k,

Your hard work and initiative to find a way to get your new roof is inspiring! That's a lot of baking (and standing in your kitchen). I'm praying for blessings and rewards for you. How is your health holding up?

(did you bake the cookies ahead of time and freeze them?)

YardFarmer Julie

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Thanks for asking !

I have 20 dozen cookies in the freezer. Starting with muffins and breads. Cakes will be last, as they will not be frozen.

Made the flyer, getting it photocopied this week. Have volunteers to distribute them the morning of the sale at farmer's markets and in parking lots nearby.

Working on a large sign for the garage door using a bed sheet. Will go up one week ahead of time. (Sale is May 1).

I think I mentioned that we have the building permit. Waiting for a city inspector to come. Raining today and tomorrow, so once the inspector does his thing, the building arts class will start up!

Started a blog at our local newspaper talking about frugal living and also the roof project.

And on the home front, and in the wrong thread: Blogged last night that I have babies in the garden ! The yin-yang beans are really taking off. Corn is up, cukes, other beans. Squash is close to blossoming already. Mammoth sunflowers are peeking through. So, there is life! (Some life forms are not particualrly welcome. Like mice. I peeked through to the neighbor's yard and it is three feet high with weeds. No wonder I have mice.