WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally got the kumquat/habanero marmalade made. But, I don't get it - it's not hot. It's a touch warm but not spicy enough for DH. I used a lb of kumquats and a whole habanero pepper. It made 2 cups of marmalade. I thought one habanero would have sufficiently heated up 2 cups of kumquats. The good thing about it is that it's not too hot for me! I don't really enjoy hot, hot food.

Finally got some quail eggs pickling. I cheated and used some sweet/hot pickle juice that I saved. Peeled the boiled eggs and plopped 'em in. Easy peasy - and tasty too!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Has anybody ever canned ham? I've got one that I either need to freeze or do something else with. I'd rather save my freezer space for a pig that needs to take up residence in there. Or - I guess I could can the pig!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Has anybody ever canned ham? I've got one that I either need to freeze or do something else with. I'd rather save my freezer space for a pig that needs to take up residence in there. Or - I guess I could can the pig!

meats in anything go via the pressure cooker. recipe on time varies by ingredients. that's all i know. :)

we freeze our bean soup if we have too much to eat up. we have two jars of that in the fridge and i'm eating some of that for brunch. nice to have warmed up soup instead of oatmeal today.

Latest posts