WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Carrot processing right there with the dehydrating onions. DD1 wanted carrot medallions in 1/2 pints, since the SIL doesn't like carrots. K... What are the one size jars I don't have? Yep. Trip to the store.

Let's use the food processor to cut the carrots 🥕... some are too small and slide down under the lid, so I get strips. Twice emptying the container, forgot to put the slicing disk in. Yep, that works well

So let's hand slice the small ones. Now I have made a big old mess and don't even have the canner out yet.

I have to be coming down with something. The brain and hands aren't communicating well. Sitting in the recliner with my coffee is working well, though. :lol:

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Carrot processing right there with the dehydrating onions. DD1 wanted carrot medallions in 1/2 pints, since the SIL doesn't like carrots. K... What are the one size jars I don't have? Yep. Trip to the store.

boogers, if you were closer i'd give you what i have left here in that size. i don't like to can anything less than a pint.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have to be coming down with something.

the gravity of the situation often has me on the perching on the edge of my seat.

The brain and hands aren't communicating well. Sitting in the recliner with my coffee is working well, though. :lol:

:) i lay on my futon. saves me a lot of issues including having to deal with the above all day. gravity is very tiring... water seeks it's own level. i am therefore i pool.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20230813_174924.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Several days ago I ordered a second pressure canner. A Presto 23qt I like that presto says their canners are
Induction / glass Stovetop Compatible. The All Americans says they are not.
If I have to wait on 6 jars at a time I will just make myself ill, :th
I got this hand tool last year. I had one 15 or so years ago but my sone used it------ya,, he broke the lid

I thing Ill see how it does slicing the carrots--the blades are crazy sharp, ,nicked myself Sunday getting it out of the cabinet. I dont want them to thin so I'll test one carrot and see. I do have my big cabbage mandolin to use if the slices are to thin.
image_16897537.JPG

Well, there is a touch of light out,,,,time to go to the coop