WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I found glass top stoves didn't stay hot enough for long stretches of time. Self regulating feature.

Love my All American canner! 24 half pints + 2 pints fit with room to spare.
do you use it on a glass top?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I found glass top stoves didn't stay hot enough for long stretches of time. Self regulating feature.

Love my All American canner! 24 half pints + 2 pints fit with room to spare.

I thought that the good canning sites all say not to use a canner on glass tops because of that reason. Uneven heating.

All American are too heavy for a glass top. If I ever have to replace my old electric coil stove, I'll be canning on my outdoor propane burner. I'd bought the thing with canning in mind.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I thought that the good canning sites all say not to use a canner on glass tops because of that reason. Uneven heating.

All American are too heavy for a glass top. If I ever have to replace my old electric coil stove, I'll be canning on my outdoor propane burner. I'd bought the thing with canning in mind.
Great minds. 👍

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have talked about buying a 3 burner propane camp cooker, the cost of propane here is over $3, I think in an “ emergency “ situation no won’t be canning.
And propane won’t always be available or accessible.
I can use my canners on my
Wood stove if it is necessary.

The first thing Presto says is not to use a LP outdoor burner over 12,000BTU,s you will melt the pot I guess.
So look at the BTU,s when buying.

image.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I feel like a slacker, a melted Gumby slacker,, I got the bread baked, the house vacuumed, salsa made, as I was rinsing the green beans daughter in-law called, then I had to make dinner, then holy basil it was 6pm 😲. Way to hot
Green beans and carrots are in the fridge.
I read not to pre snap beans and let set over night, FINE,, while I have coffee at 4am I will snap the beans and peel the carrots,, I am sure by this there are more beans to be picked by it ain’t happening tomorrow.

So yes slacker

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:caf I AM UP AND ON IT!!! :lol:

This WILL get this done this morning boy howdy!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have talked about buying a 3 burner propane camp cooker, the cost of propane here is over $3, I think in an “ emergency “ situation no won’t be canning.
And propane won’t always be available or accessible.

we just got our notice from our propane supplier for this coming winter heating season. $2.09 is a much nicer price than what we paid last year. we can use the break for sure as this has been an expensive year already.