WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hopefully you can get jars. We're getting pints and quarts sporadically in stores here. Not lids though.

I've been hoping for some quarter pints so I can do some more lotion, but I'll just have to wait until what I'm using is empty.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I can't find my canning book. Online resources I have looked at give great recipes for chicken soup to can, but every one I have looked at has a link to buy a book for pressure and duration

Experts out there, can you help?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone can soup with cabbage in it?

I have read that you should only can soup that contains ingredients that can be safely canned by itself. Cabbage can be canned safely as sourkraut (after fermentation), but shouldn't be canned by itself.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I see no reason why you can't pressure can cabbage. I might wonder if it would maybe taste super strong if canned... but I have no experience to back that up. Check out Rebel Canners. @Beekissed should be able to answer your soup question. She cans soups all the time.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We didn't have any extremes this year so really hoping all will be good. Not only are blueberries tasty but, good for you. Messed up and didn't go last yr. Why? Don't remember but will this year! Probably Covid things. ??

Fixit

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need a moment of silence please . Talk to a friend yesterday they had lost over a 1000 canning jar In a barn fire a few weeks ago. Fortunately they were empty. The contents had been run through their freeze dryer.