WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would be bawling twice as long. One lady no period of grief for the barn and an equally lambs ng period of grief for all those jars!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'd love to see the recipe. Thanks so much. DH is my pepper guy... geeze he eats them at every meal. He's been dehydrating habanero peppers all summer. We generally have tons of jalapenos too but he somehow managed to kill his jalapeno plant. :hu

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Britesea hope you're feeling ok now!

Love to smell apples cooking but, still eating applesauce & apple butter from last year. I was pretty busy then, it seems! ;) at least I had lots of stuff...canned. 2021 garden wasnt. 2022 will grow, yes it will!!!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
change of plans...no applies. pickling some broccoli, kohlarbi, onions and orange beets--not all together a couple different batches but I have to use some stuff up before it spoils.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Has anybody ever canned ham? I've got one that I either need to freeze or do something else with. I'd rather save my freezer space for a pig that needs to take up residence in there. Or - I guess I could can the pig!

meats in anything go via the pressure cooker. recipe on time varies by ingredients. that's all i know. :)

we freeze our bean soup if we have too much to eat up. we have two jars of that in the fridge and i'm eating some of that for brunch. nice to have warmed up soup instead of oatmeal today.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wild hare of an idea. Looking at giving a go at canning mushrooms. There is a local place growing them, might give it a try.

if you have the time and resources i don't see why not give it a go. :) around here we don't have enough mushrooms in season to can them. we do eat a lot of store-bought canned mushrooms, but i don't think we could beat the price canning others. it would have to be a nearly free gift of tons of mushrooms to make me want to do it. oh, and yeah, they should be pressure canned if low acid.