WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm making Kombucha tea;) Not really enough local yet to can yet, strawbarries are out soon.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
creepy meat (chickens) and stock! whoot!
creepy? :idunno
She means Cornish Rocks which are genetic freaks and ARE quite creepy compared with other chickens. Around here we sometimes call them Frankenbirds! :ep

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm making strawbarry and some with rhubarb jam. The seasom just started and I bought jam quility boxes for $10,the thing is there is nothing wrong with them:) If I feel like it after mint jelly is next.

@thefunnyfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh rhubarb Imiss strawberry rhubarb jelly you can;t find rhubarb here in the south. and I have thought about mint jelly what doesit taste like. do you use it like grape jelly?

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can use it like normal jelly on bread but it's good cooked on meats too. I make a apple cider rosemary jelly for my meat too:)Pepper jelly is a must have too, on hoidays it make a simple cheese spread by pouring in onto cream cheese.

@thefunnyfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ok I need recipes now you have convinced me also meat usage suggestions. I keep mint for catnip and mint tea and get so much leaves/ and pepper jelly too please you have me all excited i want to try them all lol