WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
stewed prunes are a delicious and natural sweet fruit with plenty of fiber. i recall how so many kids at school would turn their noses up at them when they were on the lunch line but they were like candy to me and i'd be sure to get some.

my friend says that she loves canning plums from her tree because she gives the jars away to all her relatives and says she's happy to help keep them all regular. :) :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is my kind of canning now. 😬😩 Protein shake meal prep.
20231210_153729.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ten 1/2 pints of DH's famous hot as heck salsa. It is in extremely high demand at family gatherings. Well, it's in high demand between DH and DS. They're the only ones who don't mind burning all the taste buds offa their tongues, lol.
They literally have hot sauce eating competitions - even though they both say it is NOT a competition, lol. They'll sit across the table from each other, staring each other down, beet red faces and sweat rolling off of 'em and chow down on any and all hot, fiery concoction. I don't get it. They are CRAZY!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ten 1/2 pints of DH's famous hot as heck salsa. It is in extremely high demand at family gatherings. Well, it's in high demand between DH and DS. They're the only ones who don't mind burning all the taste buds offa their tongues, lol.
They literally have hot sauce eating competitions - even though they both say it is NOT a competition, lol. They'll sit across the table from each other, staring each other down, beet red faces and sweat rolling off of 'em and chow down on any and all hot, fiery concoction. I don't get it. They are CRAZY!

i agree. i watch the vids where people are eating Carolina Reapers and Pepper X and i for sure wouldn't even think of knowingly eating anything like that.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the last time i bought packaged chicken broth it tasted like a chemical factory and not even close to chicken. sadly i'd used it in a recipe and it was so bad i rinsed the sauce off the meat and made a much stronger chili sauce to hide the nasty flavor. it worked and i was able to eat the meat and the new dish but i doubt i can talk myself into using pre-canned anything again. i rarely cook with these kinds of things anyways so it's not a big loss or problem, but the lesson is to taste first if you've not used something before to make sure it's what you think it is... oops...

Latest posts