WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Chickenkitty

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yesterday we put up 8 quarts green beans. Today we did 14 quarts and 1 pint tomatoes. Hopefully by Wednesday we'll have double that amount to can. I will be leavnig green beans on the vine til they dry this year. I want to try "leather britches".

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
4 more pint jars of meatloaf. These look better than the last ones. I found Sirloin Strip steaks on sale and ground them up to mix with the cheap hamburger again.

Edited because I think faster than I type. LOL

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The last two days I have canned 9 quarts and 1/2 pint spaghetii sauce and 10 -1/2 pints of pizza sauce. I have to do some apple butter and another batch of watermelon rind pickles tomorrow.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
4 pints and 14 1/2 pints of peach puree. I will mix it with applesauce and make fruit leather later this fall.

I also canned 3 pints of spaghetti sauce, 3 pints of pickles, and 2 - 1/2 pints of roasted peppers. Can't wait to make roasted pepper hummus!

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I canned 2 dozen quarts of grape juice from our grapes this weekend. Still have 2 5-gallon buckets of grapes left to process!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Only 3 little jars of peach sauce so far. Now that the water is hot, I'm trying to decide what to can next. So many choices :lol:

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
4- 1/2 pints of tomato paste. Sure wish those maters would ripen. 2 pints of pickles. 4- 1/2 pints of peach jam. :drool Still cooking.