What did you cook from scratch today?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
BBQ'd short ribs yesterday, along with a nice fresh garden salad with home made dressing.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
big ol' pot of turkey and noodles!!! whooooot!

and apple cake

:)

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Lasagna, sauce from scratch too!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Ah, soup and stew season!!! I made a yummy garden chowder with a mix of colorful veggies, some bought and some from the garden, made with homemade chicken broth and finished/thickened with goat's milk, freshly-ground kamut flour, and a mix of homemade feta, cheap yellow cheddar, and good three-year super sharp Cabot cheddar. Oh, yum!!! I also made ployes (buckwheat pancakes) from a mix (buckwheat and wheat flour, non-aluminum baking powder, and salt) until I can find the right kind of buckwheat for grinding into flour. That stuff is barely a mix, since it contains no crap, but still.....

I had no snack cravings later tonight. Oh, yeah, I saute'd the onions and garlic with bacon grease! And greased the griddle with bacon grease. Can't wait to have my own homegrown bacon grease! Acorn-finished, baby! :drool

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Last night I made a muffin from my Scandinavian cookbook. They were apple muffins. You lined the muffin tin with the dough, made the filling and covered it with more dough. Almost like mini pies, but the dough was cakey. Yum.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You can't do that without posting the recipe. It is just not allowed here. So there! Get typing, girl! :D In it's own thread! So we can find it later when we go buy apples, wondering where we read something mouthwatering about apples....

Still haven't made the plum bread, maybe tomorrow.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Ahh, you caught me. I haven't had dinner yet, it'll have to wait. We are waiting for DSS's girlfriend to get home from work.

But I will go get the recipe book out, so I'll remember. :lol:

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Baked chicken breasts smothered in Free's fermented salad dressing (I know, I killed the good beasties, but it was good!) Mushroom rice pilaf, peas and salad with Free's dressing, Even the kids chowed down! Yum!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It's ok! You had good beasties on your salad! Sometimes some beasties have to sacrifice their lives in the name of a good dinner.... :p