Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I consider that "clean" dirt and don't get too fashed about it on a cleanliness scale.

That new hoe is a revelation, folks!!! :th WHERE has this thing been all my life???? You know how having the BTE garden makes weeding kind of fun? This hoe makes it fun too...you can hear it slicing through the stems of the weeds with a nice snicking sound....snick, snick, snick. Lovely. :love

No effort hoeing....just a gentle sliding back and forth, the handle is at just the right angle and length to reduce back strain. Weeding was done in record time and it even got close in to the landscaping timbers, sliding neatly under the edge to get the weeds growing from underneath. Incredible!

First hoe I ever wiped down after using and stored in a special place. :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh....what did I DO in the garden today? Got home from goat show and chased dang goats out of the garden.... again! GRRRRRRRR!!

"Somebody" left the gate open. Thankfully, it was just little goats and all I see that is really in trouble is about half of the zucchini plants.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have dirt ground into my skin that refuses to come off unless I literally sand it away, lol!

I do the same!!! :gig I get out a scratcher and work out on my hands and feet. Then I use a cuticle brush to get under the nails but that rarely works well...then I have to dig with tweezers and such to scrape it out as much as possible. They say you can dig your fingernails into a bar of soap prior to working in the dirt to keep the nails clean but I think that would bug me to death while I was working. :confused:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh....what did I DO in the garden today? Got home from goat show and chased dang goats out of the garden.... again! GRRRRRRRR!!

"Somebody" left the gate open. Thankfully, it was just little goats and all I see that is really in trouble is about half of the zucchini plants.
No way? :th I hope they didn't cause too much damage?

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well it was an easy day for me in the garden I just watered. Which I could have gotten away with not with it being so cool today just the top layer of dirt was dry

Latest posts