Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Awesome tool! I may need to find me one of those. Do you know where they bought it?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Why am I posting multiple times?!?! Glitchy...lol

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awesome tool! I may need to find me one of those. Do you know where they bought it?

Had to order it online at the Rogue site...took a few weeks to get here as they are all handmade out of old farming equipment from the 1900s.

https://roguehoe.com/product/60s/

Each hoe is hand-crafted – 100% made in the USA – from recycled agricultural disc blades. Each tool boasts a high grade tempered steel and most models are sharpened on 3 sides. They DO hold an edge!

Here's a site that shows their factory and how they make them...

http://www.toolsfortrails.com/2013/03/04/rogue-tools/

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You are at their mercy.
Exactly right! With the property prices in Ireland as low as they are right now and places not selling in spite off, I'm hoping to find a suitable and affordable rent-to-buy option, which would at least allow me to have some control over the property and it's maintenance and improvements while I'm "renting" it. Beside the possible getting put out, what bugs me a lot is having to hand over repairs needed to someone else. For example my toilet and cooker here, both of which took a ridiculously long time to get sorted.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sumi, if you have mild autumns, you can get that pumpkin in the ground in June/July and it will catch right up no problem. Probably even go on an accelerated growth due to the added warmth of those months. These things grow like crazy!

I'll be hoping you find a good place to settle, Miss Sumi...that's a hard thing to be moving your household right in the middle of garden season. Any time one moves is hectic, but right in the middle of gardening? That's for the birds. :hugs
Thank you! I can't wait to get some of those seeds in the ground now. I don't care where I end up next, I HAVE to have a garden. Right now more than half the space in my backyard is concrete. And the chickens destroy everything I try to grow, unless I put it in tubs and even then they can't leave it be.

Our mid-summers are 19 hours of daylight (10:30pm sunsets) bliss :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So, pumpkins, squash, beans, greens, peppers....that's almost a whole garden right there! Tomatoes can go in pots right now and be moved along with the household goods so you at least have some fresh maters for meals, if not enough for actual canning.
This sounds like a good idea :) I can start some of these in pots and transplant them when I'm ready later too… Carefully, I think it can be done.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Same here. As it is, I'm filthy all the time anyway. Stopping work and getting ready to go anywhere involves MAJOR cleaning up, soaking, scrubbing and even then I can't seem to get the dirt stains off my hands and nails.