Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some roma tomatoes and a couple butternut squash went in today. I also made some cages to keep the chickens out. Some wire modular shelf panels mom gave me that she was throwing out. They are a foot square, but with some zip ties they worked great

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally got my lettuces and chard planted. I also transplanted some strawberries that had rooted themselves outside the bed, in the pathway.
A friend had me come and get some irises because she's thinning out the bed- got purple, yellow, blue, and a deep maroon. I was surprised she was doing the thinning now; I understood it's best to work on bearded iris in late summer, when they go dormant. Time will tell how these do.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Planted all my peppers into seed trays~hot wax, sweet wax, jalapenos, gypsy sweets and some unknown green pepper from my brother's garden...that plant of his topped out at 5 ft. tall last season, so I'm hoping these are healthy pepper seeds. Six dozen in all.

Picked and ate some rhubarb...still making my mouth water! Checked on the stuff under my low tunnel and I've got pak choy ready to pick under there. I'm kind of waiting a bit until my sugar peas fill out enough to pick a mess so I can put both of these elements in our salads.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like them cut up in salads but can't stand to just eat them raw off the vine...don't know why that is. Probably taste too strong of beans that way. :D

One of those pictures that show what you thought you bought and what you actually got....though I'm not complaining, as I LOVE this color anyway. Just bought and planted this recently, but the buds were closed when I bought it.

101_0558-jpg.20048

Don't ya just wanna moosh yer face in that????? Couldn't stop myself....

101_0559-jpg.20047

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous color, my daughter would absolutely love that flower!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Found a bunch of carrots and beets coming up in weird places, thanks chickens. Mulched some, tried to make sense of the carrot and beet disaster and kind of mulched around them, lol. DH made a soaker hose of sorts, we'll see how that works. Strange weather today, keeps getting sunny and hot then cloudy and cold. But thunderstorms headed in later they say... Who knows!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's what happened to mine after the first goat attack - they'd walked all over the rows knocking seeds everywhere... Carrots came up between rows and radishes were tracked all over the garden and came up in the strangest places. I just let 'em grow where they lanced!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep that's my plan!

Oh I forgot, I brought my tomatoes outside for a few hours today, they've been babied!