What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looking good CC! No cabbages here until fall...my bad, just too messy. Did get the squash & zucs I had started, now decided to move😲, actually moved. They were started direct seed and not happy to be disturbed. They wilted slightly but, cool, rain, wet dirt...they bounced back in couple hours. Hope they stay good. More rain coming tonight. Tomorrow I'll mulch the area....and do more planting. Beans! 🤣

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looking good CC! No cabbages here until fall...my bad, just too messy. Did get the squash & zucs I had started, now decided to move😲, actually moved. They were started direct seed and not happy to be disturbed. They wilted slightly but, cool, rain, wet dirt...they bounced back in couple hours. Hope they stay good. More rain coming tonight. Tomorrow I'll mulch the area....and do more planting. Beans! 🤣

Wet and Beans 🙄

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fortunately my soil is good and location doesn't muddy up, soaks down well. Used to be a p-nut farm because of texture and lay of land. So enough moisture to ask the seed to swell, not drown.

Entire farm slopes gently to back end...wetter, heavier there. It's where my elderberry plots thrive. 😁 Still not clay or mud just a little higher water table. Trees back there.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fixed the end of the driveway some more, sent a note to the trash haulers to kindly ask them to stop driving off the road and making a mess out of our driveway.

put my potted bean plants outside and watered all the plant starts we have which needed to be planted.

weeded the onion patch while planting 71 sweet onions, watered in. had lunch. will putter around some later, but my body said that was enough bending over that ways for today. taking a break for the moment.

after lunch i moved the potted plants around to the front to catch more sun and put a few more seeds in one pot so the lone bean plant would have a few more brethren to converse with. watered those seeds in.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A bunch of stuff, just got done spraying.

Won't be too much longer on the second blackberry thicket 😋
IMG_20220528_193340995.jpg

Motherload might need to zoom in
IMG_20220528_193316152.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I started a thread for Fruit Tree Grafting thread and added a number resources from my studies. Wow it sure would be nice if you could participate. I need to learn.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Thank you for the link to your thread. I can definitely use more guidance on grafting, I am not an expert and this year was the first time I tried it. I will be trying again in the fall when I get more root stock and scions.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bought a new "lawn mower". As a bonus I can throw a black cloak on and freak people out thinking Death is cutting the tall grass before coming for them.

We'll see how well I do using the scythe. It should work really well in the spots that have standing water latest. The grass there always gets towards 6 feet before I can run the mower over it.