What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We finally got a soaking rain, thunder storms even. This is the high spot in the rows of brussels and cabbage. Cabbage has 2 more weeks to make to 90 days since I set them out, brussels 6 more weeks. I only need 70 lbs of cored and shredded cabbage to make two 5 gallon buckets of kraut. With the rain and time left to harvest I might have more than 70 lbs. Really curious to see what 90 days Brunswick drum head will produce, it's my first time growing it. Pretty amazing though that not long ago there were just a little tiny lifeless seeds. Brussels and cabbage are looking good so far, rain will surely help. The lack of rain might set me back a few weeks, though I'm not complaining ☝️ just happy I don't have to baby sit them for a while \o/
IMG_20221025_150429726~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cleaned up a bunch of old black-eye pea and red ripper vines that were in and amongst the netting trellis that I used. Argh... now I remember why I swore some years back that I would never use them again. Managed to salvage several that I can use again, lol!

I left our tee-pees at our old house 😂

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anybody ever grown this green?

I just put in a row... :hu

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Nope but I would stick it in a row and see what becomes of it.

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nope but I would stick it in a row and see what becomes of it.

Thank you for your post . Last night I just ordered me some of those seeds..and alot of others also.. my intent wasn't to buy so many but my weaknesses is seeds. I love to try new vegetables.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

never heard of it before, no, things like that are groundhog food here. once i can get a better fence up then it becomes more possible. might take me a few years yet. :(