punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Oh, I'm laughing alright! :lol:

Punkin why are they on your list?

DianeB, Farmerlor and Dace~eggs?!

And now that is two for fudge with Henrietta and Freemotion! :lol:
DH used to eat those flavored ones, like mustard and hot sauce. Blech!!

After reading a bit, I gotta add a couple more: liver & gatorade. With the gatorade, I had surgery about 5 years ago. I had to do the whole cleanse thing for 3 days. I mixed my stuff with gatorade. It always brings back memories of the bathroom. :sick

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Dace said:
Oh Punkin...I have a sardine story for ya!

I was making pasta puttanesca one night. Had the garlic and the anchovies going in a little olive oil. The 'chovies were not melting as they normally do and the stench was becoming very unpleasant in my kitchen. I grumbled to my DD about the something being wrong with these darn anchovies....she picks up the can and says' uh, mom....these are sardines you dork!'

My house smelled for days. The next time I pulled that sautee pan out, I was making a quesadilla for my little one....I had to throw away the quesadilla because it tasted like SARDINES!

Ok, so Sardines and Tequila are on my list.
That's funny, Dace.

Now, I have to add salmon patties. My mom used to make them when I was growning up. I can still remember the way they used to stink the house up.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jack Daniels---night I don't want to remember and 3 days of sick. never go near whiskey again after that. can't stand the smell.

any organ meats...just never liked them and the smell of liver being cooked by Mom was nasty. thank goodness we didn't have to eat it.

cooked cabbage

okra--slimey

Tony throws up if he gets close to mayonnaise. I love mayo. I actually have chased he around the room with a spoon of mayo. Sad state of affairs...LOL

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
punkin said:
Now, I have to add salmon patties. My mom used to make them when I was growning up. I can still remember the way they used to stink the house up.
That reminds me! I actually kinda like salmon patties. But salmon in a can? Gag! It has the skin on and actual vertebrae!

As for chasing husbands around with detested foods, well I'm sorry to say that I'm not above that either, Farmerchick.

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mustard, olives, beets, lima beans, peaches (with the fuzzy skin on, ugh, I get goose bumps just typing this), ketchup in large quantities (or when people put in on foods that it doesnt belong on) and any meat because Im a vegetarian, but even before I was a vegetarian, I could never be in the same building as seafood. The look and smell of it terrifies me. I also have to steer clear of the lobster tanks in grocery stores because I cry when I see them in there banging on the glass of just looking sad and scared and knowing theyll either just rot in there or be thown in a pot of boiling water, alive. :hit Also Malibu and whiskey. :sick

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
annmarie said:
peaches (with the fuzzy skin on, ugh, I get goose bumps just typing this)
Another one! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Peach skin is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me!

I like salmon patties, though. I crush the bones up with my fingers. But I do take the skin off & give it to my cats. Icky icky :sick

Had a stomach bug couple years back. DH got me a vanilla coke. I drank it. 'Nuf said.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
annmarie said:
peaches (with the fuzzy skin on, ugh, I get goose bumps just typing this)
Another one! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Peach skin is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me!
Oh, absolutely! I have to scrub them until the fuzz lies down or falls off :D

Had a stomach bug couple years back. DH got me a vanilla coke. I drank it. 'Nuf said.
Remember chocolate soda? You reminded me! That would be a definite food aversion for me.

bgelber

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
for me it's bologna, heard a story as a child about a family friend who lost his arm in the machines but they never stopped the machine. No more bologna for me :sick

organ meat

turnip greens/ mustard plant - can't stand the smell. :sick :sick :sick :sick

For DH is broccoli and cauliflower, he calls them man made trees

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH WOW I wouldn't touch bologna with a 10 ft pole.
I loved it as a kid and one day couldn't go near it..LOL and the smell! :sick

BUT Tony loves fried bologna sandwiches. I get it cut thick at the deli. Ugh

head cheese?
what is head cheese? I never knew and am afraid to ask..HA HA