What's for dinner tonight?

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a thought about pad thai.

I often use eggplant in place of noodles in italian dishes. I take the potato peeler and go to town on an eggplant. It's more fun if you giggle madly while doing it.
I then steam the shreds and just use those instead of noodles.

I've had some scary-yummy thai stuff with eggplant in it...I wonder if there are possibilities?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Pint jar of pink beans and ham, an underdone peanut butter cookie and a lot of water.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
that made me think of my 3 year old cause i started using one of those pepper scratchers or whatever you call those things that you twist back and forth to get fresh cracked pepper
when i first started using it i would shake my butt when my 3 year old was in the kitchen to make him laugh
now everytime i cook my 3 year old is there telling me when you cook you have to shake your butt
well my long time male friend was over one day and i was cooking and i didnt feel like cracking the pepper so i told my friend to crack the pepper for 10 min and my 3 year old was in there with him and my 3 year old told my long time friend (male) you have to shake your butt when you cook

Occamstazer said:
I had a thought about pad thai.

I often use eggplant in place of noodles in italian dishes. I take the potato peeler and go to town on an eggplant. It's more fun if you giggle madly while doing it.
I then steam the shreds and just use those instead of noodles.

I've had some scary-yummy thai stuff with eggplant in it...I wonder if there are possibilities?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Nothing like a 3 yo's interpretation!

Occam....the eggplant is a good idea, but Hubby claims it makes the roof of his mouth itch. :rolleyes: I am tempted to try it, but what are the chances he is allergic? That might be bad :D

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
As I type I am enjoying a zucchini soup from my garden and my food storage:

Chunk cut squash
Home canned hot italian sausage
Can of white beans
Can of diced tomatoes
Home canned chicken stock
Dehydrated spinach
Dehydrated bell pepper
Salad macaroni
Garden onions

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oh pie - wish I had some. I fried livers and gizzards from our meaties - yummy!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yesterday we had grilled steak & BBQ chicken, grilled corn and baked spuds for DH & the kids . I was so tired after a long day at the beach, that all I ate was the steak.

Night before though was killer grilled wild salmon, on a bed of wilted spinach and bacon salad with a raspberry vinaigrette and roasted cauli & broccoli. Dang that was good.

Latest posts