Who am I? And who are you?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
If you mean the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, yes I have been there. Love that museum. I've been to see just a few sections of the Oregon trail but I'd love to travel along more of it on an extended vacation. For years I've thought about writing a novel based on it, but I've never seemed to have had the time.

But periodically I get a "bug" to feel the Oregon Trail and I do things about it like go to that museum. I also really liked the McLaughlin house. Have you been there?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No, what city is it in? Ill have to go, I went through a Laura Ingalls/Oregon Trail phase and still go back :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wow! This thread has kinda morphed....into what I do not know! :th

I love banjos also...and fiddles! And mandolins!

My dog, Lucy, was on the cover of Star magazine once.

I've never had anything pierced at all.

I intimidate a lot of people but I seriously have no idea why~I'm really laid back and friendly!

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
I used to get told I looked like Meg Ryan, but now I look like Meg after a rough 20-year crack addiction.

If I paint my nails, I feel like I have olives on my fingertips.

I can't sing, can't whistle, can't outrun a bear, and can't understand why people don't send me money.

Now, as for YOU guys, I know Merle looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-IJxTd8dCo

I picture BeeKissed and Wifezilla looking like fairy godmothers. Is that weird? Kinda like Glinda the Goodwitch, ironically.

OFG, I picture you looking like a rich, slender country club lady with a flask in your purse and a pill addiction. Am I right???

Wildsky I've seen on BYC, so that would be cheating, but I always think of the Halloween avatar when I think of you.

Most everyone I imagine making apple pie.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
eggs4sale said:
I used to get told I looked like Meg Ryan, but now I look like Meg after a rough 20-year crack addiction.

I can't sing, can't whistle, can't outrun a bear, and can't understand why people don't send me money.

I picture BeeKissed and Wifezilla looking like fairy godmothers. Is that weird? Kinda like Glinda the Goodwitch, ironically.
OFG, I picture you looking like a rich, slender country club lady with a flask in your purse and a pill addiction. Am I right???

Wildsky I've seen on BYC, so that would be cheating, but I always think of the Halloween avatar when I think of you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!!!! :lol:

Actually...speaking of witches....I found an old straw broom at work the other day. I told one of my co-workers that they had issued us company cars to drive and she got to take out the first one that day! She was quite surprised and pleased...until I showed her the broom. She called me a few choice words.

I asked her, "What? Can't drive a stick shift?"

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
eggs4sale said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!!!! :lol:

Actually...speaking of witches....I found an old straw broom at work the other day. I told one of my co-workers that they had issued us company cars to drive and she got to take out the first one that day! She was quite surprised and pleased...until I showed her the broom. She called me a few choice words.

I asked her, "What? Can't drive a stick shift?"
:D Your gonna love this story Bee..........

About 7-8 years ago, a neighbor/friend stopped by to shoot the breeze. He hadn't been here 2... maybe 3 minutes....we were still standing out in the driveway, when his (soon-to-be X) wife comes rolling into the drive, slides to a stop, hops out and commences to chew on his backside. And I do mean CHEW! She never said hello, kiss my butt, or NOTHING before her meal began! The main jist of the topic was the fact he had stopped in at our place on his way home, instead of heading straight to their house, so of course she never took the time to say hello to ME. :D Being one to never let an opportunity slip away :D I put on my best "studying" look, and slowly walked around her,"studying" her backside and legs, then kinda walked around the front side, still "studying" her lower extremities. She finally noticed that was kinda staring at her, and asked me "WTH are YOU looking for?"
In the nicest, sweetest voice I could muster(without busting out laughing!) I said...... "That broom you rode in in. Where the h e l l did you hide it?"
:th :th :th

If there was way on Gods Green Earth, that she could have launched lightning bolts out of her eyes, I would have been a dead man. :gig

Red faced and without saying another word, she got back in her car and, slinging gravel all the way, she headed home. :D

My buddy stared at me, in disbelief at what had just happened, and then called me a rotten little SOB, just before we both started rolling on the ground, laughing our keisters off!! :gig :gig

Not saying she was a bad lady, but, his divorce went rather smoothly. He got to keep the house and the kids remained with him as well. SHE had to pay HIM child support!! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Edited for spelling. I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a really diverse group we are. Wouldn't it be grand to all get together? The world as we know it would never be the same - and that's a good thing!

I too love bluegrass and bagpipes. This coming spring will be the 1st annual Scottish Games held in my town on the Maryville College Campus. They are the "Scots" after all and have their own bagpipe corp. I've attended 2 such games in Gatlinburg and I have to say the bagpipes speak to my soul. I literally cried when I saw the first parade of all the clans and heard all those pipes. My heart hurt. I felt like I had found my home.

My family is musical, mom played the guitar and dad the mandolin. I regret I was never able to hear him play - both hands were wounded during WW2 and he couldn't make the cords anymore. I took 10 years of piano lessons, sang in the church and school choirs, played in the high school band (baritone). I play at playing the guitar - good enough to play with my 92 year old uncle at our family reunions. He plays the mandolin, guitar, fiddle, and banjo and is now taking violin lessons.

I want Amazing Grace played on the bagpipe at my funeral, my husband wants it played on the doghouse bass with a bow. When we heard it played at a bluegrass festival, I told the band that's what he wanted and the girl said, "Not anytime soon, I hope."