Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got 13 big cattle syrup lick tubs from a rancher a couple days ago. My 2023 garden will be in them. Have no idea where I even want a garden, no tiller to break soil, no time to put in a first year garden. My priority will be to clean fence row, take down old wire and put up new wire so I can utilize the front pasture. I’m excited about those tubs, I’ll be able to at least grow something.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy Friday Everyone.

Thankful for another day of life \o/

Screenshot_20220909-153045~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Makes sense to me! I don't get much snow in January because its too cold to snow 🤣

it can be very cold up high in those clouds...

what is very wild is when you live close to a lake or have other chances of lake effect or other snow falls where you can look up and there's not a cloud in the sky, but it is still snowing because of how moisture can condense out of the air.

some of my fondest memories of up north are walking on nights of full moon, not any clouds at all and snow drifting down. sometimes it was so quiet i could even hear it landing.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And here I am, way further north than the rest of you all, and though we keep snowing, it has, so far, only been a bit at a time.

So all good!

And not just good, but excellent since we hired out our bobcat that we use for snow removal. The bobcat is coming back in January. We usually get our huge snow falls February to April... :fl

I finally got my tires swapped out today. Sheesh! Prices keep going up!! (Duh) anyway, it is done.

Then I spent even more money to get a present sent to older sis (actually about to do that...I am sitting having a bit of lunch right now).

Here are some photos from the last few weeks.

20221125_145350.jpg
20221124_110656.jpg
20221123_164000.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I and FH are doing great. Absolutely positively loving the new house.
Will you @Trying2keepitReal PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE send snow my way?
BITE YOUR TONGUE..... we do not want any snow until 3 days before Christmas, only want 6-8 inches so the guys can get it plowed and everyone does not have to be out in it plowing for the state on the holiday...:hidehide).

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Guys came back yesterday and got first load of wood. They loaded up a cord, figure there’s another maybe 2 cords on the ground. One cut rounds off the butt end to make end tables with. Turns out he and his wife make all kinds of custom stuff.

I’ve made them a deal to clean a short span of fence row, maybe 300’ in exchange for 20 pine trees that have to come down. The craft guy is keeping all the rusty barn wire to make stuff with. They killed a copperhead while chainsawing through the brush. He was happy to have it, he makes beautiful things out of the snakeskins too.

They are going to pile everything up so I can burn it. I get that monster downed dead tree gone, the pines in the fence row cut and gone, the fence row all cleaned up ready for new fence, all the rotten posts and old wire gone and it ain’t costing me a thing. They get to sell the firewood, get oak rounds for tables, old barbed wire for crafts and even a copperhead. We are all happy!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of the wife and me getting engaged. I wrote an announcement that sounded like a press release from a financial source touting the pending approved merger of our respective organizations. Included a "statement from an industry analyst" (a good friend of both of us). The whole thing was posted on FB and folks still talk about it. Good times

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom went to the endocrinologist today for her diabetic appointment. Took 6 dozen cookies and a couple gallon bags of caramels to the staff. She has to be their favorite patient. She said the office staff was sneaking into the back to eat them so all the diabetics in the waiting room wouldn't see them eating cookies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was late feeding the cattle. Somehow I feel asleep. My wife let me sleep although I didn't need or want to sleep. She woke me.just before dusk and asked me if I fed everyone? I answered no. I grab a cup of coffee drank some. Still half awake I walked out the door and I could have swore I heard the pasture bell ring 3 times. When the cattle seen me they started mooing. I ring the pasture bell 3 times before I feed them, every evening. I'm pretty consistent with the time I feed them.

So I get the feed bucket with grain and walk to the pasture bell, gab the string to ring it and it's all wet, nasty cow slobber. One of those cattle is being a wiseguy! I'm pretty sure it was T-Bone, because he's tall enough to grab the string in his mouth and he was standing right by the string. But seriously... ring the bell 3 times and not 1 or 2 or 4, 5, quite strange.

Suspected wiseguy 👇
IMG_20230117_170808327~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸