Could my kefir be making me sick...Let's play detective

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If your coffee is suspect, here's some more anecdotal evidence:

I cannot drink coffee any more. I used to be a coffee chugger, but in the last six months or so, every time I drink coffee, I feel about like death would be welcome. I get nauseated, shaky, feeble, and generally lousy. When the buzz wears off I feel very anxious and weepy. This has happened from as little as a single tiny teatime-sized cup.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yup, it does that to me too, the coffee. I can drink a cup, but any more and that's it for me. Especially if I have other stresses going on at the same time

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Because coffee is a stimulant, and stimulants are used to treat ADHD, it has a soothing effect on me. Until I was diagnosed, I had no clue why caffeine had the reverse effect, and was embarrassed to mention it lest others think me strange.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow this is an interesting turn of events.

Suddenly a simple coffee is suspect? Dang. The new coffee does seem to match the time line of me feeling sick. And I have felt a weird acidic stomach from too much coffee in the past, but this is suddenly daily! :sick

I have been careful of my eating today, a piece of toast, an apple, banana, a little turkey, Avo and a little cheddar....probably have some broth and a little roasted cauliflower for dinner. I just finished 2 qts of water and I am feeling better.

I am interested if anyone else has this issue with coffee?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, Dace, what a pain! Do you have a lot of pollen there now? I tend to get ultra-sensitive around reactions to foods when the pollen or mold count is high. Later, I can eat the same foods without trouble, if I limit amounts.

Ldy, I have a friend who gets very hyper-obnoxious, and I simply drive into a coffee shop and get her an extra large, and she can then fall asleep in the car! Amazing! Now I know why.....

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We used to give my ADHD son coffee when we went on road trips...made the trip ALOT easier on everyone, he slept all the way!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
That's awesome! I am not nuts!!!! (Opposing opinions welcome, but wrong !!!!)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:lol: You guys are hilarious!

I make my coffee pretty weak and I don't buy fancy coffee either. I am more in the habit of the warm, creamy, sweet wake up than the caffeine....and I never drink coffee after my morning 2 cups. Although, back in my old sugar filled days I loved Starbucks on occasion!

I was at the store yesterday so I bought my regular brand coffee and made a smaller pot this morning. Only going to have one cup, which I am half way thru. It will be interesting to see how I feel. I started my period so I am having nasty cramps and feel crappy anyways.....big fun :/

Free....that is crazy how pollen and mold affect you. I can't imagine how you ever figured that one out. I don't have allergies, but I suppose anything is possible!

Latest posts