Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got the construction and trim done on the bay window/window seat project and a coat of primer on it. Hope to get the painting of it all done tomorrow so I can finally move on. Will likely do some stenciling or decals on it later when the paint cures out well.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Still working on my room makeover....it's taken way longer than I ever thought it would. Isn't that always the way?

Been doing this whole thing on the cheap, as per usual, with some materials picked up at The Rehab Store and also at GW. The most expensive item bought for this has been paints.

Picked up a $5 bookcase headboard, $1 pieces of shelf board, $.25 for some decorative items, and I repurposed a $1 headboard into a coat rack. Picked up old baskets, even old picnic baskets and such, for under $3 each...using these for storage that looks pretty on the shelves.

Even found pillows and pretty scarves for using to cover them, for my windowseat.

God has helped me all along on this project, working things out so perfectly that I have to chuckle each time He takes a hand in it. I love it that He cares about every little thing I do.

Can't wait to get it done and will post before and after pics when done.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My before pics disappeared, which kind of defeats the purpose of after pics, as the viewer has no way of knowing how drastic a transformation has taken place.

This is a tiny bedroom in the end of a trailer, with a narrow window seat in a bay window, a closet that spanned the whole depth of the room on one end...the sliding doors were long gone and it was just a big open gap in the wall. The closet was typical of trailers, with a long wire shelf that doubled as a clothing rack. The walls were an early 90s print(blue and mauve)print wall board.

The closet had no shelves but the one and had no efficient use of space, was full of odds and ends being stored there~three or four large totes of pictures and albums, a dresser for my grandkid's clothing, bags of seasonal clothing, etc. In other words, a hot mess and ugly.

My twin size bed was up against the left hand wall, my dresser against the opposite wall in the corner(still is), a long valance over the window and stick on tiles on the window seat.

Now it looks like this....a lot of what was used is from GW, the Restore Store, and things I made. I bumped out the windowseat to make it wider for better seating. Made curtains and cushion covers out of scarves from GW, made the clothing rack out of a headboard, got the bookcase headboard at GW for $5. So, this was done on the cheap in a big way.

100_1307.JPG

100_1278.JPG
100_1279.JPG

100_1312.JPG

The strings of beads and pendants make a display of shimmering rainbows on my walls when the afternoon sun hits that window. It's enchanting!
100_1313.JPG

100_1315.JPG
100_1316.JPG

I never would have thought of moving the bed into the closet space, but my son suggested it and it really opened up the room and created space....immediately made the room appear bigger.

I can't believe I get to sleep and wake up in this room each night and day...I still can't get over the change and how good it all works, with efficient use of space, everything having a place and everything in its place.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I also girlified the access into the plumbing in that closet. Used to be rough cut holes covered in plywood. I got picture frames from Rehab for $1 and $.50, used them to construct doors into those spaces, upholstered the doors with scrap fabric I had on hand and also insulated the inner portion of the doors with left over foam board insulation I had from making a dog house. Finished them off with antique glass door knobs I had on hand.

They do give the plumbing access a certain flair, if I do say so myself, not to mention cutting down on drafts from those spaces.

The larger door below....

100_1270.JPG

And the smaller door that accesses the shower portion of the adjacent bathroom....

100_1271.JPG

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Very nice! That extra foot or two sure can make a difference in the room. Besides, wasn't being used before, right? Good job.

My daughter has a trailer & she has a huge walk-in closet in the master bedroom. She opted to put her two dressers in there, still has top shelf and a full set of shelves at the end of that side...then hanging on other side. Gives her a lot more room around the bed (for the dog beds. :D) Room to move, just the same!

Latest posts