wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your bedroom turned out so nice. Very peaceful looking. Love the window treatments - those beads and pendants are so cool!!

And what a view! :love

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Working on rusted out fenders on the old CRV...working with fiberglass patch, which I've never used, so this oughta be interesting. It's my first time doing real body work..I've patched bumpers now and again, but never the actual body of the vehicle.

Once I got the bubbled rust sanded off, I didn't have much of a fender left, so am using the fiberglass to build me a fender rim so I can have an attachment point for the fender guard and mudflap.

At this point, YT is my friend. As always.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Side note on the bedroom revamp...I'm STILL loving this room makeover and thank God over and over for how lovely it is to go to that room at any given time of the day and be greeted with the cheerful colors, the dancing rainbows that even extend out into the hallway and the restful organization of it all.

It's the easiest room to keep clean that I've ever owned...everything has a place and it's easy to keep it in that place, particularly when putting away laundry or coming back from a trip. The added space makes it easier to move around in that room for all these things as well.

I'm loving the additional wall hooks for my clothing I'm currently using~I usually have a few outfits that I'm changing out throughout any given day, such as good clothes, to work clothing, to nightgown, etc. It gives the clothing time to air out overnight or during the day, way better than when I tossed them onto the old rocking chair.

The curtains keep out the heat of the afternoon sun and also give just the right glow to the room when they are closed....much better than roll blinds and such.

Really am loving the bookcase headboard also...so very versatile!

So, months after the redo, I'm still rejoicing over the changes and getting such better use of the room.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Finally getting around to staining the porch we replaced the floor on, replaced the railings and steps, as well. The stain is darker than I had wanted but was unable to get the one I wanted...as usual. Also replaced railings and steps on a little side porch that will also be needing a coat of stain. Also built gates for these porches, as the animals love to get up there and poop every chance they get.

Lately we've been busting down those large skids we got last year for free and using the 3x3 oak framing to build a pole shed addition onto our small wood shed. It will function as additional wood storage, equipment storage and barn, if need be.

100_2197.JPG

3x3 framing from the skids....

100_2222.JPG

The oak of these 3x3s is extremely hard and most holes having to be pre-drilled. They are only 10-12 ft long, so we had to scab them to manufacture support beams for the rafters. We doubled up on them to create the upright posts also.

100_2207.JPG
100_2199.JPG
100_2208.JPG

22-28 ft beams made of this stuff are extremely heavy...makes an old woman feel older lifting such things!

100_2218.JPG

Notched to fit the corner...fits like a glove!

100_2215.JPG

Having to work on it every other weekend, as that's the only time my son has off long enough to do anything to it. Can't wait til it's finished!

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pole shed is coming along, getting more rafters up and a little pallet scrap fence around it to hold firewood stacks later on. Will be making a small gate tomorrow for the back entrance into the paddock behind it.

Little Dooley, our new HTC/BC mix sheep dog, has been supervising the build. That means he runs off with any tool, glove or hat he finds on the ground...even a box of screws!

100_2346.JPG

100_2347.JPG

100_2348.JPG
100_2349.JPG
100_2350.JPG

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whoa Bee that's looking good! Y'all are going to have lots of room for extra storage. That is how we build, a little at a time. Dooley is so cute! How's his training coming?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Whoa Bee that's looking good! Y'all are going to have lots of room for extra storage. That is how we build, a little at a time. Dooley is so cute! How's his training coming?

I haven't had a lot of time to work on his training, but luckily he's super smart, so what little bit I've done with him is working out. He's sitting and lying down with hand signals, has excellent recall, walks well on a leash, knows to lie down and wait for his food until I tell him it's okay, knows leave it, down, etc. We are working on lying down and staying where I put him until I let him go, but haven't worked on it consistently. He's been trained on chickens and thus far is doing well with that also.

He's just 2.5 mo. now but he has wormed his way into all our hearts like no other pup before him....utterly cute and joyful, sweet and eager to please. He cocks his little head when I talk to him, which I love!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Finished putting the roofing on the new build today....just need to tweak things around the edges, put up eaves, run electric to it, etc.

Mom helped all day long....roofs are her favorite thing to work on and I do believe I have more pics of her working on roofs than any other kind of work she does, which is plenty! She's 86 yrs old, BTW.
100_2499.JPG

100_2500.JPG

100_2501.JPG

View of the back yard from the top of the shed...

100_2498.JPG

Latest posts