1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Best shop ideas - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

MY LATEST DIY PROJECT

Discussion in 'DIY - Do-It-Yourself Projects, Construction, Etc.' started by Beekissed, May 15, 2017.

1. Feb 28, 2019
    wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Almost Self-Reliant

Your bedroom turned out so nice. Very peaceful looking. Love the window treatments - those beads and pendants are so cool!!

And what a view! :love

Beekissed likes this.
  2. Aug 12, 2019
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

Working on rusted out fenders on the old CRV...working with fiberglass patch, which I've never used, so this oughta be interesting. It's my first time doing real body work..I've patched bumpers now and again, but never the actual body of the vehicle.

Once I got the bubbled rust sanded off, I didn't have much of a fender left, so am using the fiberglass to build me a fender rim so I can have an attachment point for the fender guard and mudflap.

At this point, YT is my friend. As always.

Mini Horses likes this.
  3. Aug 12, 2019
    Beekissed

Beekissed Mountain Sage

Side note on the bedroom revamp...I'm STILL loving this room makeover and thank God over and over for how lovely it is to go to that room at any given time of the day and be greeted with the cheerful colors, the dancing rainbows that even extend out into the hallway and the restful organization of it all.

It's the easiest room to keep clean that I've ever owned...everything has a place and it's easy to keep it in that place, particularly when putting away laundry or coming back from a trip. The added space makes it easier to move around in that room for all these things as well.

I'm loving the additional wall hooks for my clothing I'm currently using~I usually have a few outfits that I'm changing out throughout any given day, such as good clothes, to work clothing, to nightgown, etc. It gives the clothing time to air out overnight or during the day, way better than when I tossed them onto the old rocking chair.

The curtains keep out the heat of the afternoon sun and also give just the right glow to the room when they are closed....much better than roll blinds and such.

Really am loving the bookcase headboard also...so very versatile!

So, months after the redo, I'm still rejoicing over the changes and getting such better use of the room.

Lazy Gardener and sumi like this.