Sprouted Wheat Berry Flour, Grain Mills, and Bread

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is soaked loaf before second rise. The dough felt better, but still heavy/dense. I don't know how much heaviness is normal for whole wheat.

The wheat/liquid mash started to oxidize in the fridge. 2 days is not better than overnight.
20211026_104336.jpg

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Outstanding , time to get it in the ground as well , only takes a little then you can grind what is left over and start using it , then when it comes to harvest what you have you can cut , thresh , winnow , then enjoy !!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Total fail! :gig Way too much moisture. It was thick overbaked crust on top and bread pudding the rest of the way through. :gig I hope my chickens appreciate it. :gig

I will try letting the blendered wheat dough rest before I add yeast. I think it's going to take a lot more time to develop the dough. I need to try ways to reduce moisture. I don't want to dehydrate the wheat berries. I could try using the blender instead of food processor bowl and try using less liquid. I could try letting it rise on my counter instead of my bread machine - it would take longer and lose more moisture.