Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Soil temp was 55, so I I planted 2 rows (60 row feet) of onion seedlings that I started. I have quite a bit more to plant. It's hard to juggle weeding and planting. I weeded about 2 hours and DS15 moved mulch for me. I am taking out my lasagna areas because they because a reservoir for quackgrass - can't choke that stuff out by mulching it thicker. Only thing that really works is diligent hoeing, but I can't hoe wood chips. So I'm pulling off all the wood chip/mulch this year to get the perennial weeds under control. I will probably mulch with it end of June to help hold moisture in July and August. IDK. It was time for a change, for sure.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and DS7 ground up venison yesterday.😍

Today is "wash-it Wednesday." Change dog bedding, wash kennels, bathe dogs. Lots of work, but must be done weekly to keep this house from smelling like a kennel. 🤢

I carved out time to hand sew last night. I replaced the lining of my fur stole. I fitted 3 pairs of jeans. I reattached handles on my laptop bag - an ugly fix but it will hold me over until I find a nice one at a thrift store. I need to prioritize hand crafts. I felt much better after sewing.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I changed DS8's alarms so one went off every minute for 10 minutes. 😁 He had his eyes open when I went upstairs to get him. That's better!

My kitten had second trip to the farm store and pet store. Things on wheels are still super-scary. He went to work with me yesterday 🥰 He is about halfway trained to walk on leash. Working on potty on leash. He knows Come and Sit. 😁

I painted the mural wall in my office. That was my biggest concern about getting ready. I need to update my online store with group classes, publish my schedule and advertise. No biggie?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Having moved twice in 6 months, then having knee replacement, played havoc with my sheep and breeding schedule. Prices here are highest in January and February, start to taper off in March. I’m holding back ewes now for breeding in April/May. I will have 29 ewes for next year.

I’ve got to get busy on fencing! The forest next to me has been clear cut and the shear and skidder operater cleared a fence line for me. I told the logging crew to take out any trees in the fence line and it didn’t matter if the fence got destroyed, because it was coming down anyway. This guy took it a step further and even cleared me a fire lane. I’ll have to battle tree roots to get post holes dug, but the line is clear!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I feel ... almost like myself this morning. Extra sleep and a nudge from caffeine :weee

I cooked beans for the chickens. Kids did chicken chores. Kids trained the dog and I took video.

I anticipate a certain person is going to say that because I train my dog that my kids don't and their anticipated wins at the count fair aren't legit. (I've been through this before!!) I'm not taking chances. Kids are logging their training and I'm documentation it with video. I'm posting it all online to prevent rumors.

Dog is going to daycare today at "the big kennel" for the first time. He was crated excessively in a neglect situation and then kenneled at a shelter. I'm trying to change his opinion about kennels before I need to board him.

I'm planning to enter an AKC show. Go get over the beginner nerves, see how my dog handles a trial environment, humiliate myself in public... what could go wrong? :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm staying home and cooking today. I'm using AI to find recipes to use up random leftover ingredients. So much easier!

I made pudding made out of marshmallows, vanilla baking chips and milk. Weird! But okay! Glad to get rid of the leftovers! Kids will eat it!

I made no-bake bars with graham cracker crust, cream cheese flavor baking bits, and chopped pecans. Very happy to use up the cream cheese chips - I regretted buying them. I'm going to freeze these bars for later.

DS16 made pancakes for the freezer - quick breakfasts. Now making peanut butter dog training treats. Bread is next.