henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It does look rough after a logging crew comes through. My DH has been logging most of his life. We hauled pulpwood when we first got married to make ends meet.

There's always something that needs doing around a homestead. I had planned on working on cleaning out my shed, but ended up raking up 8 loads of leaves for the chickens. The girls needed some leaves in their new run. I was just waiting for them to start falling this fall. They are happily digging away!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm back & just happened to think of returning to post a little DIY project. You're a sweetheart for remembering me, Beekissed.

Nice to learn that MoonShadows remembered me, too.

As you say 'down there', hi y'all !
Were your ears burning? lol Great to see you back here :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm back & just happened to think of returning to post a little DIY project. You're a sweetheart for remembering me, Beekissed.

Nice to learn that MoonShadows remembered me, too.

As you say 'down there', hi y'all !

Joel!!!! :weee :woot Good to see you here!!! Can't WAIT to see what you've been doing on your homestead! I know you already had a thread about DIY out there but couldn't find it to save my soul. Maybe Sumi could merge these two or something if it could be resurrected.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Finally, midst all the hundred other things I've got going, I completed one trellis for my son's porch. It's 8 ft. x 32 in. and I'll be doing two more just like it to complete the job.

I'm taking this one to put up today at their house, as the vine that is supposed to be climbing this trellis is OUT of CONTROL! :th It's a pink honeysuckle vine I planted in the fall and it's growing like Audrey II over there in that BTE.

I hope to bring them a wild honeysuckle for the trellis next to this one so they have both kinds and their porch will smell heavenly all spring and summer.

The other trellis will have a jackmanni clematis if it survives...it's looking puny right now. Needs something but I don't know what...it's been fed, well watered...thinking maybe I'll give it some epsom salts.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Currently building two "fences" for the flowers in the front flower bed, as the height of the flowers causes them to lean out for the sun and into the yard. The storm yesterday put a lot of them down, so these fences need to be in place today in order to prevent further damage to their upright growth this season. Will use rebar to mount them in place so none of the wood will actually be on or in the soil and rot too quickly. Good ol' zip ties will help with that.

Using 1x1 furring strips and will paint them barn red like the rest of the trim on this place. Will likely also paint the same red to those "new" old screens I got from my brother's house so I can mount them as garden gates. I'd love to use the existing paint, as I love the color, but I'm sure that paint is lead based, judging from how old these screens are and I can't risk it flaking off in the soil or being picked and eaten by the chickens.

Will try to get pics if I get anything finished....blazing hot again today with high humidity.
faint.gif

Latest posts