Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weaned ram lambs this morning. It was 67 degrees this morning!! It was so nice. And a high today of only 99!!!!!!

But the fires of Hades will be back tomorrow with a high of 106F, jumping up to 107. On Sunday we get the reminder that we don’t want to spend eternity like this, with a hike to 109F degrees. This is just getting stupid.

Neighbor Chase came this morning to get Eve and Lucy. I trimmed their feet, took fecal samples and wormed them anyway for the stress of moving to a new home. They are in a nice cool barn and will have a small pen. Both are bred to Cooper and are due in December. We unloaded them, fed them and he gave them hay. I couldn’t be happier for them. He also got one of the chocolate brown ram lambs, already named Angus. Having a flock of sheep has been a dream of his, and he’s now on his way.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee, chores, go to work. 🙄
We're having rains again....light but still wet. So, might as well be at work 🤷 sure humid outside.

same here, yesterday morning was thick enough to chew while trying to breathe...

hope this morning is better but i won't be out there too long with the squall line heading at us.

we sure don't need any more rains.

Good morning,
humidity is not fun, it does make it hard to breath, We so much need rain, the forest is suffering.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:caf https://www.kiro7.com/video/

Screenshot 2023-08-18 054247.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I reckon my neighbors were at the farmers market today. one of my neighbors has a 12 year old boy. my neighbor was telling me that he was asking about pears at the farmers market but they didn't have any. he wanted to try a pear because he's never had a pear before. So I txt his momma and asked if I could come over about 9:30 and that I had something for him.

So I grabbed a sack and put a dozen or so nice ripe and turning pears in the sack. His momma must not said anything to him that I was coming. I went in with the sack and said to him, somebody told me you never had a pear before, is that true? He said he never tried a pear before. then I handed him the sack and said this is for you.

he opened the sack and his face lit up with a big smile. I said let me give you a little hint. the ones that are yellow are ripe and good to eat now. the green ones you can set out on the counter and they will ripen in the next several days. I also said I didn't spray them so you can eat around any bad spots or cut them out.

He grabbed a good yellow one and washed it off. took a little taste bite and he was grinning ear to ear. I said looks like, you like pears hu? he said it's kind of like an apple but softer and juicer and way sweeter. He devoured that pear quick, had pear juice running down his chin 😂

His momma walked me out to the front porch. She said thank you so much. I said I figured it would get a smile and it did, a big one.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I thought about your pear tree today-
God used that pear tree, and you,